hartlepool labour and proxy votes

Started by jawsbbc, February 03, 2019, 03: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jawsbbc

people have been saying this for the last few years thats how sab james and barclay always get voted  in,  in the  manor ward and cab cranney and marshall get voted in foggy furze

Tony Armstrong
Labour have a slick and well -oiled election machine and I've seen it in action. Dozens of 'kind and friendly'party helpers visit all of the residential homes and nursing homes to chat to the old folk , offering to 'help' them cast their vote by proxy.
The elderly remember the old Labour Party of the 50s and 60s and are easily swayed by a kind visitor.
It's very subtle but very effective.

https://www.facebook.com/Hartlepool-Borough-Council-Exposed-239715396607059/?__tn__=kC-R&eid=ARBzmbMUrXcpF16usJkxoW6JORnVdvcEJOZe2n6xf6DZK

Inspector Knacker

It would be interesting see the ratio of postal/proxy votes to actual ballot box votes cast.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

jawsbbc

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on February 03, 2019, 04: PM
It would be interesting see the ratio of postal/proxy votes to actual ballot box votes cast.
yes it would

Inspector Knacker

What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

fred c

Look no further than MD and others inside polling stations...Not supposed to be in there and no action taken, imagine what would have been said if PHF or Indy councillors had done the same.

jawsbbc

Quote from: fred c on February 04, 2019, 10: AM
Look no further than MD and others inside polling stations...Not supposed to be in there and no action taken, imagine what would have been said if PHF or Indy councillors had done the same.
i remember it well, a resident had the good sense to photograph her sat inside of jutland road community centre /polling station (cranneys ofca base) hbc,s excuse was it was raining (it was not)

Disgruntled voter

Quote from: jawsbbc on February 04, 2019, 04: PM
Quote from: fred c on February 04, 2019, 10: AM
i remember it well, a resident had the good sense to photograph her sat inside of jutland road community centre /polling station (cranneys ofca base) hbc,s excuse was it was raining (it was not)

Oh thats what it was....i throught it was a big lump of post industrial art....didnt realise it was alive

diSme

I'm not privy or knowledgeable about such things,, but aren't there legalities around vote swaying tactics? Particularly around (inside of) polling stations?
I believe everything and nothing

grim reaper

Let's be clear about MD and the like.  >:(
It is ILLEGAL for a Cllr/campaigner to be within 250m of the entrance of a polling station.
(The prescribed area is a circle with a radius of 250m).
So next time anyone sees the likes of her and the rabble sitting inside, or anywhere near where voters are entering the station, don't take overt photos, do it covertly and then PHONE THE POLICE. They have a DUTY, under law, to act upon complaints.

The fine is level 5 on the standard scale...ergo, £5000.
We have got to play them at their own game and REPORT the illegal acts.

Section 66 of The Representation of the People Act also states voters must NOT be approached physically, or verbally, with regard to their vote.

WE need to be out and about at every polling stn. later this year, to closely monitor potential  illegal shenanigans.   It is within our power to beat these shysters.

Hartlepudlion

WE need to be out and about at every polling stn. later this year, to closely monitor potential  illegal shenanigans.   It is within our power to beat these shysters.

Agreed. Evidence is required. Then a battle with the PCC - would he accept an investigation into his mates antics?

jawsbbc

anyone put the pics on of her sitting there i have them but they will not upload on to here just to add if you zoom in she had a i pad but under that she had a book and was writing stuff down in it the doors to the polling room were wide open so she could clearly hear what was being said ie name address ect i know this as it was my daughter who spotted her and took pics she also said about her writing things in her book then putting it under the i pad when people were  exiting the main room, HBC went into overdrive and released a statement saying it was raining thats why she was there (it was not raining ) nothing happened to her as usual PS carl richardson was sat OUTSIDE seaton library (polling station)

grim reaper

So there you have it, at LEAST 2 of the rabble breaking the law.  >:(
What we could do with is an Independent Cllr contacting Cleveland police and informing them of what we know to be true (inc. photos) and ask them to pay special attention to the polling areas.
The law has been broken with regard to the prescribed area of the polling station.
We require the polling law to be upheld and if they say they can't manage to patrol it, ask for a written statement of that fact.
Then it can be taken further via a different, higher channel.  8)

We must do this folks. People always ask "How do they keep getting in, after what they have done to this town/hospital, bus service/ward boundaries" etc. etc.
Well now you can see at least part of the reason they cling on to the troughs...because we have not been as savvy/sneaky/unlawful as them.  >:(
Time to change.

Gustaf I of England + BWH

I can remember a time when every polling booth had a police constable on duty from opening to closing - specifically to ensure that nothing untoward happened. But of course, like so many other things these days, we don't do policing now.

Johnny Bongo

Quote from: Gustaf I of England + BWH on February 06, 2019, 06: PM
I can remember a time when every polling booth had a police constable on duty from opening to closing - specifically to ensure that nothing untoward happened. But of course, like so many other things these days, we don't do policing now.

The way things are going in Hartlepool, with cuts to all manner of services, how long will it be before they close the polling booths...and we have to go to the Boro to vote!

Lucy Lass-Tick