Food for Thought?

Started by admin, January 16, 2019, 06: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stig of the Seaton Dump

I think the painting looks like Ant and Dec combined.

Will they be paining in his weave ?
I don't believe it.

fred c

The man they couldn't hang.......The noose would just slip over his head, unless his ears stopped it.

Disgruntled voter

Quote from: fred c on January 25, 2019, 07: PM
The man they couldn't hang.......The noose would just slip over his head, unless his ears stopped it.

Even if the noose fitted ,I don't believe the gallows could support his weight .

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: fred c on January 25, 2019, 07: PM
A far crueller fate would be to take away his mirrors and selfie stick.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Veritas

Perhaps the "andsome one?" Has read...(no, no,  that's not right!)
HAS had Dorian Gray read to him?
and believes it????

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: Veritas on January 28, 2019, 12: PM
Perhaps the "andsome one?" Has read...(no, no,  that's not right!)
HAS had Dorian Gray read to him?
and believes it????
'read to him'? Surely pictograms and Dorian Gray had his name changed to Mr Gorgeous to make it easier to comprehends?

DRiddle

Chat on social media about an air fryer and a conveniently positioned box of reciepts . . .

fred c

Seriously though, have the councils HSE or Estate departments looked into the circumstances of 'the fire'.....from reports on My Cafe fb page there was obviously at the very least smoke damage, who could forget the photographs of SAB and his volunteers 'cleaning up'.

It's a public building and as such you would expect a fire alarm smoke detection system and an emergency evacuation procedure, were the fire alarm / smoke detectors activated.........

Like everything else with this community centre / youth club / cafe / nail bar it's virtually impossible to find out anything about how the place operates.

Only in Hartlepool

seaton

Quote from: fred c on February 11, 2019, 09: AM
Seriously though, have the councils HSE or Estate departments looked into the circumstances of 'the fire'.....from reports on My Cafe fb page there was obviously at the very least smoke damage, who could forget the photographs of SAB and his volunteers 'cleaning up'.

It's a public building and as such you would expect a fire alarm smoke detection system and an emergency evacuation procedure, were the fire alarm / smoke detectors activated.........

Like everything else with this community centre / youth club / cafe / nail bar it's virtually impossible to find out anything about how the place operates.

Only in Hartlepool
Did the building have a Fire Certificate as it was being used by the public ?

Topcat

I've read comments on here regarding insurance cover and having no cover for the damage to the cafe but does anyone know if there was any public liability insurance in place to cover any injuries to customers or staff ,I assume this is required by law.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: Topcat on February 11, 2019, 12: PM
I've read comments on here regarding insurance cover and having no cover for the damage to the cafe but does anyone know if there was any public liability insurance in place to cover any injuries to customers or staff ,I assume this is required by law.

Word has it that public liability insurance WAS held.

Inspector Knacker

If it's a Council owned building, would they not be expected to come out to check the damage to their property?

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on February 11, 2019, 05: PM
If it's a Council owned building, would they not be expected to come out to check the damage to their property?

Believe that there's an investigation ongoing.