Food for Thought?

Started by admin, January 16, 2019, 06: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mk1

Land Phil

It appears I am blocked and can't tell him to cash his gold medals in.

Is that poundshop fake tan ?

Inspector Knacker

An advert for 'Rifty Shifty Soot', their new chimney sweep business? Or he burnt the toast?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

DRiddle

I heard someone ordered egg on toast and SAB cracked the eggs into the toaster . . .

Inspector Knacker

He might have got away with it if he hadn't boiled them in petrol first.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

fred c

According to the fb page all profits go to the Rifty /Community Project.......Why then is he listed as the business owner in a FOI answer........Has the Rifty become a charity ?

seaton

Quote from: fred c on January 19, 2019, 09: AM
According to the fb page all profits go to the Rifty /Community Project.......Why then is he listed as the business owner in a FOI answer........Has the Rifty become a charity ?

Yes Fred I was going to post a similar reply, Rifty Project gets loads of comments from SAB etc about money, all profits being 'donated' to the Rifty Projectq ?

Land Phil

Why does the sooty face look like it has been applied with a blusher brush ?
How come the t-shirt looks like it is perfectly clean ?

Surely it is a joke ?

Lucy Lass-Tick

SAB's stated that they do not have insurance to cover this - only for buildings (which I would have expected to be under the owners, HBC's auspices) plus public liability.

kevplumb

Quote from: Lucy Lass-Tick on January 19, 2019, 11: PM
SAB's stated that they do not have insurance to cover this - only for buildings (which I would have expected to be under the owners, HBC's auspices) plus public liability.
oh dear how sad never mind
he will have to get the oxo tin out then  ;D
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

Johnny Bongo

IF he is actually registered as self employed, then he should have an insurance policy that covers everything, even if he's renting the place properly, which we still don't know!   
So if he / MyCAFE / The Rifty has no (specific) insurance cover and a fire is found to be SAB's fault, who pays for the costs of repair and equipment?  Will HBC pay for everything? If HBC tried to claim the costs back from SAB and he has no specific insurance, what then?  Does HBC write it off? Do HBC check if any business renting property from them are fully covered for insurance, primarily to ensure that in the event of an 'incident' and possible claims , the tenant will be able to cover any costs and not HBC?

jawsbbc

funny thing no insurance ;) ;) when SLEPARA ( SEATON LANE ESTATE  PARENTS AND RESIDENTS ASSOCIATION were enquiring about renting jutland road community centre (ofca,s hub)  once it had closed down (this was the back end of october 2018)  ( keys supposed to be handed over to hbc on the 1/12/18 but still have not been handed over)  we were informed that there was no insurance so bingo that was being held in the centre and attended by 30/40 residents had no insurance cover >:( >:( >:(   insurance was paid by a seaton councillor who was helping us  to take over  the running of the centre  only for the centre to close 3 weeks later   when we enquired about the closure we were told we would have to take ofca,s debt on of £4000 and ofca farms debt of £6000 before it could be up and running (words out of  yousef khans mouth one of kevin cranneys mob  to numerous residents)   we have since found out that hbc were paying the rent gas and electric on jutland road community centre  so here we have a community centre that is stood rotting in one of the most deprived areas of hartlepool with nowhere for our younger/older  children  to go  no wonder we are suffering with ASB  there is no were on this estate for them children  to go

Heknocks68

Wonder if the Hill Carter's former owners debt was paid off by the next owner took over (course it were not) but the matter has a similar ring to it in theory, but huge difference in amounts. Strange that a debt in one instance is seemingly recoverable from another potential user , yet in a similar case it was wrote off as unrecoverable. Strange world indeed.

Johnny Bongo

Quote from: jawsbbc on January 20, 2019, 12: PM
funny thing no insurance ;) ;) when SLEPARA ( SEATON LANE ESTATE  PARENTS AND RESIDENTS ASSOCIATION were enquiring about renting jutland road community centre (ofca,s hub)  once it had closed down (this was the back end of october 2018)  ( keys supposed to be handed over to hbc on the 1/12/18 but still have not been handed over)  we were informed that there was no insurance so bingo that was being held in the centre and attended by 30/40 residents had no insurance cover >:( >:( >:(   insurance was paid by a seaton councillor who was helping us  to take over  the running of the centre  only for the centre to close 3 weeks later   when we enquired about the closure we were told we would have to take ofca,s debt on of £4000 and ofca farms debt of £6000 before it could be up and running (words out of  yousef khans mouth one of kevin cranneys mob  to numerous residents)   we have since found out that hbc were paying the rent gas and electric on jutland road community centre  so here we have a community centre that is stood rotting in one of the most deprived areas of hartlepool with nowhere for our younger/older  children  to go  no wonder we are suffering with ASB  there is no were on this estate for them children  to go

It occurs to me that if there's no Labour councillor(s) running the community centre(s) then there's NO chance of any external groups renting it, especially when a Seaton councillor (not Labour!) is involved!  Seems like Cranney has spat his dummy out and is also trying to con SLEPARA into paying his debts!  Lower than a snakes belly (no offence to snakes, btw!),