Food for Thought?

Started by admin, January 16, 2019, 06: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

fred c

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/details_of_any_and_all_commercia#followup

Overdue FOI request....It is almost impossible to gather any information concerning this organisation, HBC Openness, Transparency, Accountability...... My A**e

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: fred c on January 16, 2019, 09: PM
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/details_of_any_and_all_commercia#followup

Overdue FOI request....It is almost impossible to gather any information concerning this organisation, HBC Openness, Transparency, Accountability...... My A**e

Quelle surprise ...

Johnny Bongo

I'll bet there's receipts given out tomorrow, if anyone asks for them! How does MyCafe qualify to get free food? Is it a charity? A CIC? As for the food handling, eg, items that are / were frozen, perhaps HBC's Environmental Health Dept should be informed! ::)

Inspector Knacker

Does the supplier of the food to the centre have documentation to account what goods were handed over to them?
Is there a distinction between the cafe and the community centre or are the people who run this the same people?
Is there documentation for food purchased solely for the cafe?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Owen Jones

Stevie Wonder could see that this is a dodgy affair !!!

Inspector Knacker

You need proof, not supposition.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on January 17, 2019, 10: AM
You need proof, not supposition.

Absolutely. What we've often found at the Post is that things are a bit like a jigsaw - little snippets suddenly gel and the story becomes clear.

Hartlepudlion

Well said Lucy.

Remember the Wilcox affair.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: Hartlepudlion on January 17, 2019, 08: PM
Well said Lucy.

Remember the Wilcox affair.

Strangely enough, that was one of several events in my mind, too ...

Stig of the Seaton Dump

So what was burnt in the fire that didn't activate the fire detectors ?
I hope it wasn't receipts, accounts etc.

I don't believe it.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Johnny Bongo

So....are the tenants responsible for the cost of the damage, like they were when there was a flood? Whose responsibility is it to check and test the smoke detectors? Questions need to be asked by and to HBC and asked by the Fire Brigade.  Seems like a serious breach of H&S  to me.

Heknocks68

Word on the street has it, that a recent study of the electrical systems decreed that all was in order at "that" time. That other factors could be involved can only be determined by a thorough investigation, in the fullness of time, for which "we have no money" maybe the mantra. It would appear to get a tad more complex when looked into deeper. However, it would be inappropriate to speculate at this juncture.
Keep safe and keep well.
Switch things off at night unless essential. Even then, ensure they are checked at regular intervals. Dont overload sockets.