Tourism Tax

Started by Lucy Lass-Tick, January 12, 2019, 12: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Knacker

Looks like CAB's self proclaimed 'bold aspirations' have turned to 'bald palpitations'.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Can imagine the banjos playing as tumbleweed blows across the derelict car park ...

Stig of the Seaton Dump

Tourism, implies to me taking a trip and the only people I see taking a 'trip' regularly in Hartlepool are those at the back of the pharmacy getting a swig of methadone.

There is no gondola ride around the pound shops, horse drawn carriage between the bookies and the pasty shop, helicopter sightseeing tours etc.

Hartlepool isn't all bad, especially the sea view but it will never appear in the Thomas Cook brochure advising of local taxes will it.

In my view, any tax at best/worst will hit contractors in B&Bs.

I don't believe it.

fred c

That Vision wasn't featured in the  recent 5 year look back brochure presented by Cwistopher and Ms Alexander ........How many of these non occurring visions have this pair presented to the residents of Hartlepool, it would be interesting to see a full list of their expensive brainwaves.

Inspector Knacker

Are the 'failures' quietly buried at midnight or stored in a warehouse of Indiana Jones proportions. Maybe it was a case of selective amnesia that the failures weren't mentioned, or maybe not.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.