Council Tax Rise - who voted for what.

Started by Lucy Lass-Tick, January 11, 2019, 01: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucy Lass-Tick

From Hartlepool Independent Group's FB page - a video of the full council meeting showing exactly who voted for & against the 3.9% increase in council tax.

https://www.facebook.com/HartlepoolIndependentGroup/videos/vb.128452474031134/2233040950348062/?type=2&theater

Land Phil

diSme

Whatever keeps the pennies rolling in for the cabal
I believe everything and nothing

Gustaf I of England + BWH

I didn't have the sound on, so couldn't hear what was being said, but going by the counters it appeared that Ged Hall still supports Labour - despite what they did to him before he jumped ship.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: Land Phil on January 11, 2019, 01: PM
Cons and Lab still in bed together.
A marriage of convenience, but an inconvenience for the rest of us ::)
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Owen Jones

Does anyone know if any local council's didn't increase their council tax
? I don't think many will have not

Lucy Lass-Tick

Maybe is isn't the actual rise in CT that concerns people so much as HBC's somewhat lax attitude to money when it comes to their pet projects? Add that to a failure to collect business rates from favoured individuals (and I know - you can't get money from a defunct company but when someone's built up previous debts a more robust attitude to credit control would have helped). Also, the 31% allowance rise really did rile a lot of people. Residents might well have been less critical if they honestly believed that the council had tried to balance the books but they couldn't do so; but when they're perceived to be spending their money like sailors in port censure and indignation are likely to follow.