Parking income/spending on roads.

Started by Lucy Lass-Tick, January 10, 2019, 03: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucy Lass-Tick

Interesting little bit of information on UK councils' yield from parking compared to their spending on roads. Hovering over the map shows that HBC's income from parking dropped by 83.8% whilst their expenditure on roads dropped by just 6.6% between 2013/14 and 2017/18.

These figures are very different from other councils - wonder why, for example, Stockton Council's parking income dropped by just 32.9% but their road expenditure was down by 51.4%.

Curious.

https://www.confused.com/car-insurance/councils-cashing-in-on-drivers?utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=id_csp_nk_4623+wallets+on+wheels&utm_content=promoted&fbclid=IwAR0j0cC1I-A1phgonhFvuQi6nqzuzikcYWJYMB6FFi3FMQrOePnerzKSUhU

Gustaf I of England + BWH

Strange indeed because if you look at the actual figures rather than the percentage change, I think you will find that spending has actually gone up by £92,000 - not down by 6.6% ??

Lucy Lass-Tick

Wonder if there's been a change in the way figures were calculated?

Gustaf I of England + BWH

More likely my pet hate - "Nobody bothered to check the figures before they were issued" because they were worked out by the computer and computers don't make mistakes.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: Gustaf I of England + BWH on January 10, 2019, 06: PM
More likely my pet hate - "Nobody bothered to check the figures before they were issued" because they were worked out by the computer and computers don't make mistakes.

You're probably right.