Where's he gone?

Started by Lucy Lass-Tick, January 09, 2019, 04: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucy Lass-Tick

stokoe

Have noticed westbrooke av is nicely tarmaced,Btw is there house up for sale with Ron Grieg?

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: Lucy Lass-Tick on January 09, 2019, 04: PM
Speaking of potholes, has anyone heard much from the Tooting Tiger recently?

https://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/five-potholes-a-week-reported-in-hartlepool-1-9526208
Maybe Superdoc came into contact with Krypton and has been laid low. But I then realised it's another franchise so it wouldn't be Krypton, but 'Crapton'.
Can't say he's missed.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Isn't he up for re-election in May? Would have expected him to be doing a 'Loadsamoney Lindridge' & getting his name associated with as many 'achievements' as possible (regardless if whose they actually were).  Oh, hang on there, actually ... wasn't that so 2018? ...  ::)

Inspector Knacker

Well there's an awful lot of roads been resurfaced down there in the past few months.

fred c

To be fair, there are roads in all areas of the town being repaired / resurfaced, obviously there are lots still to do but it's a start...Incidentally, It's the house next door to Mr and Mr that's up for sale.

Inspector Knacker

Hmmmm, I know of one road on the list that's just had them round to fill the pot-holes. Ran out of money?

Gustaf I of England + BWH

Quote from: Lucy Lass-Tick on January 09, 2019, 06: PM
Isn't he up for re-election in May? Would have expected him to be doing a 'Loadsamoney Lindridge' & getting his name associated with as many 'achievements' as possible (regardless if whose they actually were).  Oh, hang on there, actually ... wasn't that so 2018? ...  ::)

So 2018 it is, but I suspect that, come 2020, we'll be asking 'wasn't that so 2019?'.
It has started already :- LL had the pixies out on Saturday (I didn't see him but he could have been out as well) delivering his latest Ward Newsletter to the residents of Fens & Rossmere Ward, telling how he tried to keep the ward together in the current ward boundary shake up, postulating that we may be having a new 'Cafe in the Park' (in Rossmere - Oh Dear! don't they ever learn?) and generally claiming credit for getting the council to do what it should already be doing. To my way of thinking, if a councillor has to intervene to get the council to do it's job, then the council is broken and getting it fixed is what councillors should be bending thier minds too.

Inspector Knacker

Isn't there already in Rossmere Park?

fred c

There is already a Cafe in the Park at Rossmere, I think a young lady runs it and from what I can gather it does ok......As for Loadsa Money, I think he will have it all on to retain his seat, if he uses social media to boast about his achievements in Fens he could end up with egg on his face.....Taking the money he "didn't really need" will haunt any campaign he runs.

Inspector Knacker

Will the old popular cafe be replaced by a new 'Cafe on the Pond' with fancy coffee and twee cakes? One good thing is, there's a wealth of advice on hand in the chamber on how NOT to run a cafe. ;D

Disgruntled voter

Scabs will be considering culling all ducks & geese which don't go with the decor of the cafe....A double line of swans playing a fan fair will be excepted every time dumb and dumber visit the cafe .

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: Disgruntled voter on January 11, 2019, 12: PM
Scabs will be considering culling all ducks & geese which don't go with the decor of the cafe....A double line of swans playing a fan fair will be excepted every time dumb and dumber visit the cafe .
I've heard that with the announcement of the development of Wallywood Studios (aka the bus depot) the first film to be made will be a remake of the classic 'The African Queen' using Rozzy Park and Safari World for the location shots. Is it true certain people been offered cameo roles? Hippo's are hard to source in Hartlepool at this time of year.
Rumour also has it they're moving the 'Wusting  Wingfield' up there and sprucing it up as the Royal Yacht? Surely not!

kevplumb

mebee CAB wants to expand his catering empire FOC of course   :o
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

Disgruntled voter

The only thing the scabs can expand is their waist size and ego