I Daniel Blake

Started by Land Phil, January 05, 2019, 11: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Land Phil

Finally on the BBC.
No mention on our MPs Facebook page though.

No fight, no passion, just convenient sh**e.

I would tell him what I thought of him if I wasn't blocked.

He is pathetic to the same degree the Tories are nasty.

Please keep fighting good ladies and gentlemen of the post.

Owen Jones

I can't believe our MP isn't listing Saturday's  nights tv schedule on his FB page.

fred c

Given that I Daniel Blake is a classic of our time and of Hartlepool's social circumstances I would have thought Mike Hill would have found space for it on his FB Page, especially as he found the time to appear at the Food Bank grinning like a Chesire Cat.......

I feel sure he is well aware of the old adage....."There's no such thing as bad publicity" he certainly appears to take every photo opportunity that comes in his direction.

Lucy Lass-Tick

An incredibly moving film.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

It would be nice to see a commitment from our Labour overlords that they will do 'x' in an attempt to make food banks in Hartlepool redundant.

Even if 'x' was something that could only campaign for now while in opposition and only promise to deliver when they are next in power.

It want to see something positive proposed and carried out for Hartlepool.

Why else vote for them ?

I don't believe it.

UnknownUser

It was the Conservative welfare reforms that have caused a 49% rise in foodbank use ­nationwide.

Thirteen million people live below the poverty line and in the last year 1.4 million three-day emergency food supplies have been issued to people in crisis.

When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you, you know your nation is doomed.

Ayn Rand

Stig of the Seaton Dump

Quote from: UnknownUser on January 07, 2019, 12: PM
It was the Conservative welfare reforms that have caused a 49% rise in foodbank use ­nationwide.

Thirteen million people live below the poverty line and in the last year 1.4 million three-day emergency food supplies have been issued to people in crisis.

Apparently we have 9 food banks in Hartlepool now.

I really would like to see a Hartlepool focused reply to the situation.
Not hear the Tories are bad, that is not news and not a solution.

If Labour says they would bring department 'x' to the town with a mixture of administrative and professional jobs that would give those
in the town of all abilities a chance to remove themselves from poverty that would be fantastic.

That is just a random example, it could be 1 of a 100 things they could commit do.

I don't believe it.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: Stig of the Seaton Dump on January 07, 2019, 11: AM
It would be nice to see a commitment from our Labour overlords that they will do 'x' in an attempt to make food banks in Hartlepool redundant.

Even if 'x' was something that could only campaign for now while in opposition and only promise to deliver when they are next in power.

It want to see something positive proposed and carried out for Hartlepool.

Why else vote for them ?
Even when Mandelson was at the peak of his powers, we got nowt, not even a vision or a sniff of anything.
The town is being systematically stripped down while the hedonistic elite froth over twee beautification pet projects. All froth and bubbles.
Nothing of any substance will ever happen under this shower.
The so called 'challenge' told us all we need to know, the Party wants digging up, throwing out and starting again because they bear little resemblance to the Party I knew.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.