Predictions for 2019.

Started by stokoe, December 26, 2018, 10: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stokoe

What can you see for the future year, WILL we be spared more s**t,

Inspector Knacker

Oh I see no reason why this whole sorry should now continue.
The 'Challenge', if indeed it ever was one, has shown the Party to be toothless. The best option I can see is a seamless hand over of power and the saga will grind it's way on with different faces steering the ship. Everything will change, but nothing will change.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

rabbit

Are you referring to Brexit? 8)

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: rabbit on December 26, 2018, 11: AM
Are you referring to Brexit? 8)

More likely cast changes in the Labour group - but I suspect we may wait until 2020 to see anything significant.

Inspector Knacker

:D just to clear any misunderstandings, I refer to our very own giants of local politics.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

My concern is the Facebook page becomes a place for exchanging knitting patterns.
On the plus side if it does I hope they are knitted Gillets Jaunes.

As for 2019, will the absence of Martin Wells change anything ?
Probably as much as Wee Shitey being replaced by the chocolate teapot.

I don't see a change a coming, light at the end of the tunnel or a bright new world.
Happy to be proved wrong and I'll keep signing petitions, reminding people when they are championing the town liars etc. join any protests.

Only thing I can say for certain is that I will not trust or vote Labour. 
Sad really as if they lived up to their supposed values, it would be a better town.
I don't believe it.

admin

If its the Post FB page you're referring to - no, it won't be doing knitting patterns! But its a very different audience to the forum. Many of the 2,000+ members are new to local issues, so it can't be as hard hitting as the web site/forum or it would baffle the uninitiated.

diSme

Quote from: admin on December 30, 2018, 06: PM
If its the Post FB page you're referring to - no, it won't be doing knitting patterns! But its a very different audience to the forum. Many of the 2,000+ members are new to local issues, so it can't be as hard hitting as the web site/forum or it would baffle the uninitiated.

Slowly slowly catchy monkey..
I believe everything and nothing

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: diSme on December 31, 2018, 12: AM
Quote from: admin on December 30, 2018, 06: PM

Slowly slowly catchy monkey..

Yup - got it in one!

Inspector Knacker

I was talking to a cousin of Nostradamus and he forecast a UFO would land and abduct the 'ruling elite' and suck out their brains into it's cargo hold and return the brain drain victims to earth.
The result was services improved  and the UFO's 'cargo' was condemned on arrival in an alien galaxy.

diSme

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on January 02, 2019, 12: PM
I was talking to a cousin of Nostradamus and he forecast a UFO would land and abduct the 'ruling elite' and suck out their brains into it's cargo hold and return the brain drain victims to earth.
The result was services improved  and the UFO's 'cargo' was condemned on arrival in an alien galaxy.

Probably wouldn't have to suck very hard!  ;D
I believe everything and nothing

Inspector Knacker

I believe an asthmatic hamster born with one lung got the job! ;)

Heknocks68

How about MPs will stick two up to the electorate

Inspector Knacker

You'll find most MP's will do what you want if it coincides with what they want to do. If not, they'll carry on regardless. If it's Party v Public, you lose out.