Is this an idea for Hartlepool?

Started by Hartlepudlion, December 23, 2018, 11: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heknocks68

Would put hbc employees at a disadvantage having "Looking after your town " scribed all over, dismissive advice could/would soon follow. However !

Inspector Knacker

A country where the mob overrides the ballot box is lost.
The simple way to get rid of these bloated leeches is to vote them out. People whine on but still vote them in because they're brainwashed down the generations into not thinking out of the box.
These people get into power because of the indifference of the many.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Owen Jones

You could always stand in May 2019 and get rid of one of the bloated leeches (your discription not mine)

Inspector Knacker

Owen Jones

I think I might which ward do think I should stand in?  What about you putting yourself forward, it's your chance to change things

Lucy Lass-Tick

Just remember Milton's phrase about those who only stand and wait also serving. There are many ways to make a difference - and standing for council is only one of them.

As for which ward is the right one for you should you decide to throw your hat into the ring, Owen - only you and those you wish to represent can answer that.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: Owen Jones on December 27, 2018, 02: PM
I think I might which ward do think I should stand in?  What about you putting yourself forward, it's your chance to change things
That's your business, I couldn't possibly comment and have no interest in what you choose to do. However, that depends on being selected to stand by 'your' party. I wonder what that may be?
As for me, what I do is my business. I shall continue to comment on local politics despite your curious but clumsy interest in my political opinions.

Owen Jones

Inspector Knacker

Lucy Lass-Tick

When a member's on pre-mod there's usually an underlying reason.

Disgruntled voter

Thanks for the tip; never noticed or considered it before.