Tax increase

Started by rabbit, December 13, 2018, 07: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rabbit

Looks like council task to go up because of government ruling on future funding of police.

Lucy Lass-Tick

In fairness, the police precept is pretty tiny.

kevplumb

Quote from: Lucy Lass-Tick on December 13, 2018, 07: PM
In fairness, the police precept is pretty tiny.
so is the police presence in Hartlepool  :D
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

Inspector Knacker

I have no objection to an increase, but.......

1. I want competent leadership of the authority.
2. I want, no, I demand,  any money raised should be spent within the town on services such as the police, because vanity projects aren't the sole province of the profligate municipal mindset.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

The Great Dictator

They did it 2 years ago with care home costs and everyone except me said thats cool :(

Do you not realise that the people in care homes have already paid for their care over the last 60 years in taxes, just say NO.

Inspector Knacker

I agree, but realistically, the grey suits at all levels don't give a toss. So they get you both ways.
When did it happen that we ended up at the not so tender mercies of clerks and runners playing God.

mr ben

can't wait to see the councils pie chart  showing us were our money is going !!! It will be interesting to see how much ten bobbys cost  !!!!

kevplumb

A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

UnknownUser

Quote from: mr ben on December 14, 2018, 06: PM
can't wait to see the councils pie chart  showing us were our money is going !!! It will be interesting to see how much ten bobbys cost  !!!!

The ten bobbies that was highlighted on the news, does not include the various other ranks of police officers in the town, Detectives, Inspectors, Sergeants, Supers etc. a slightly misleading news article, nonetheless it's still shocking.
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you, you know your nation is doomed.

Ayn Rand

WhatTheHeck

Quote from: UnknownUser on December 15, 2018, 04: PM
Quote from: mr ben on December 14, 2018, 06: PM

The ten bobbies that was highlighted on the news, does not include the various other ranks of police officers in the town, Detectives, Inspectors, Sergeants, Supers etc. a slightly misleading news article, nonetheless it's still shocking.

The article on the news was in relation to policing at night. Unless things have changed, you won't find anyone above the rank of Inspector, or a Defective working a night shift.
No relation to Whattheheck from the mail !

Inspector Knacker

Agreed, with only 10 on the streets, I'd be surprised if there's more than five extra.
I'd be interesting how many are on duty on other areas of the force.