Hartlepool needs your help to remove Christopher Akers-Belcher as leader

Started by DRiddle, December 09, 2018, 06: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DRiddle

Dear people of Hartlepool,

Next week on December 13th there will be a meeting attended by the 18 Labour councillors who currently run Hartlepool.
As you will be aware, the leader of their group, and also leader of Hartlepool Borough Council, is Christopher Akers-Belcher.

In my view, Akers-Belcher has been the most incompetent, calamitous, egotistical and inept leader our council has ever had.  The 5 year reign has seen a councillor jailed for fraud and false accounting, two other councillors make the national headlines for appalling behaviour and endless hapless decisions which have cost the tax payer hundreds of thousands of pounds in wasted money.

However, on December the 13th there is finally an opportunity to bring an end to his calamitous leadership.
In the meeting on the 13th Akers-Belcher will be challenged for the position of labour group leader (and with it the position of council leader) by the respected Burn Valley councillor Dave Hunter.

Dave Hunter is a PROPER councillor. He has integrity and since being elected he has worked very hard and put the town and its residents first. He refused the 31% rise in allowances which Akers-Belcher grabbed with both hands.
However, removing Christopher Akers-Belcher is far from a 'done deal'. Akers-Belcher's family and cronies will vote to keep him as leader and his hapless reign may well continue.

But YOU can help finally bring it to an end.

There are 4 councillors whose votes in the meeting may very well determine the outcome. Their e-mail addresses are listed below.

rob.cook@hartlepool.gov.uk

brenda.harrison@hartlepool.gov.uk

stephen.thomas@hartlepool.gov.uk

Katie.Trueman@hartlepool.gov.uk

If two or more of the 4 councillors listed above vote FOR Christopher Akers-Belcher to continue as leader, Dave Hunter will most likely NOT become council leader and Hartlepool will probably be stuck with Akers-Belcher until the summer of 2020 or longer.

In short, Dave Hunter needs your help, Hartlepool needs your help.

Please spend 5 minutes of your time e-mailing one or more of the councillors listed above and encourage them to vote FOR Dave Hunter in next weeks' meeting.

Public pressure CAN make a difference in local politics, you CAN make a difference.

Below is a template of an e-mail which you can simply cut and paste or adapt as you wish.

QuoteDear (insert name of councillor),
I am writing to encourage you to vote for Dave Hunter to become the new leader of the Labour Group in your meeting next week. I have no faith in the current leader and I believe he is damaging both Hartlepool and the local Labour Party as a whole.
If Christopher Akers-Belcher continues as leader I am very likely to never vote Labour again.
Please do the right thing and vote to remove him for the good of Hartlepool.
Kind regards
(insert your name here).

Please feel free to share this message across social media. Hartlepool needs rid of Christopher Akers-Belcher as the leader of the council. Next week is an opportunity to do it.

Please e-mail the councillors above and spread the word.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Inspector Knacker

You refer to the dear leader as the most incompetent, calamitous, egotistical and inept leader our council gas ever had.
I think you're being very generous to him in that description. ;D
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Johnny Bongo

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on December 09, 2018, 06: PM
You refer to the dear leader as the most incompetent, calamitous, egotistical and inept leader our council gas ever had.
I think you're being very generous to him in that description. ;D

I believe that Mr Riddle was being polite ;)...it's nearly Christmas, you know!  Goodwill to all men and all that ::).  The question is...Will Hartlepool get a Saviour for Christmas?
A few wise men wouldn't go amiss either!   Not too keen on the shepherds though...as there's been plenty of sheep following the Labour flock for more than fifty years....and look where it's got us...or rather hasn't got us!     

Inspector Knacker

I know Xmas is almost upon us, but I have this awful feeling that if the the Three Wise Men arrived at the Civic Centre on Xmas eve, the Labour group would elect the camels the Wise men rode in to lead the Council.

DRiddle

Word is leaking out that the Labour Group have pushed their meeting (and with it any potential vote on a new leader) until next Tuesday.

It must be one of those days for pushing back votes . . .  ::)

Inspector Knacker