Boundary Changes

Started by whatabouthisthen, December 08, 2018, 04: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whatabouthisthen

The consultation closes on the 10th December.
Submissions can be made as follows;

www.consultation.lgbce.org.co.uk

reviews@lgbce.org.uk

I think you can go to the Civic to make your voice heard.

Personally, for a Council so close to an emergency (114) measure, bankruptcy, it is folly to spend even a penny on organisational changes that will not be needed for between five and ten years, if then.

The Cllrs took a very big rise in their allowances recently - let them work a harder to earn their allowance.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Didn't HBC ask for an extra three councillors in case the boundaries commission wanted to trim them down from 33 - on the principle that if you ask for more you might keep the status quo?

kevplumb

Quote"whataboutthisthen"The Cllrs took a very big rise in their allowances recently - let them work a harder to earn their allowance.
if you put the lot in a bag and shook it you would be hard pressed to find a days work amongst the lot of them >:(
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

Owen Jones

I think you should stand in 2019 and show them what a days work looks like and take them on

Heknocks68

As I observe this submission of a news letter from aka need no money but thanks, shall take anyway. The Fens & Rossmere grass verge clean up ( were was your assistance Jim) took on a concerted effort from a diligent few (well done to those people) disappointing that the ride on's appeared next day , how the hell did that happen Len. It should be noted that neither the local labour party (includes you Jim) deemed it appropriate to support the fra. On a point of note, thanks to the countryside wide open spaces for their contribution.
Ward Maintenance:-
When was the last ward councillers "walk about" did it coincide with the weekend when a significant number of residents would be at home? Not at work, sorry forgot majority of councillors dont.
Ward Boundary Changes:-
Poor Jim must of suffered a bout of amnesia, but for the concerted efforts of FRA Chairperson Mr R Smith and a few equally annoyed residents, this Labour individual would have reclined in his easy chair along with his compatriots and allowed this diabollical underhanded charade to progress. People of the ward, I urge you, do NOT forget all these underhanded devious shannigans come May 2019