Mirror Image

Started by Land Phil, December 03, 2018, 06: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Land Phil

Coincidence that today the Conservatives are being rubbished for their PR attempts donating to food banks.

Then pops up the SCABS donating to Radio Hartlepool's Christmas appeal for children's toys.

Biggest hypocrites, difficult choice!

Lucy Lass-Tick

And didn't CAB, Marshall etc. recently visit (& donate to) the Church Street Foodbank - on a day when it wasn't open to clients, of course.

diSme

Well they couldn't possibly be seen to be mixing with the plebs
I believe everything and nothing

Gustaf I of England + BWH

And hasn't there just been something on the ITV news about Tees Valley Labour councillors complaining about Houchen risking tax payers' money on a Vanity Project (he's trying to save Durham Tees-Valley airport - or whatever it's called this week). Wonder where the Labour councillors got that idea from.

kevplumb

Quote from: Gustaf I of England + BWH on December 03, 2018, 07: PM
And hasn't there just been something on the ITV news about Tees Valley Labour councillors complaining about Houchen risking tax payers' money on a Vanity Project (he's trying to save Durham Tees-Valley airport - or whatever it's called this week). Wonder where the Labour councillors got that idea from.

come on when it comes to loss-making vanity projects belcher has them all beat hands down
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

Land Phil

Quote from: kevplumb on December 03, 2018, 07: PM

come on when it comes to loss-making vanity projects belcher has them all beat hands down

Ben Houchen wants to make the airport prosper as an airport, not give away the assets so they can be sold on eBay and give the tax payers a picture of airplanes flying past.

I can't imagine how much of a joke Hartlepool must be to the rest of the Tees Valley

fred c

It's extremely generous of LabMob councillors to donate our cash to their pal Jason's good cause, like virtually everything they do it ain't their own money......they could have donated to the food bank at Tesco's Thursday, Friday or Saturday......making political propaganda out of donations to a food bank is on the same moral level as throwing a sickie for a funeral.

Only in Hartlepool and Only the LabMob

fred c

Quote from: Land Phil on December 03, 2018, 09: PM

Ben Houchen wants to make the airport prosper as an airport, not give away the assets so they can be sold on eBay and give the tax payers a picture of airplanes flying past.

I can't imagine how much of a joke Hartlepool must be to the rest of the Tees Valley

LP...... Aeroplanes.........Ok so i'm a pedant  ::)

Gustaf I of England + BWH

Quote from: fred c on December 03, 2018, 09: PM
Quote from: Land Phil on December 03, 2018, 09: PM

LP...... Aeroplanes.........Ok so i'm a pedant  ::)

Sorry Fred but I have to disagree. LP is correct in his spelling. It must be, could only be, airplane - he is after all alluding to the air-brained schemes of boy blunder and his cohorts.

( Yes... I know ).

Inspector Knacker

Airplane is the American spelling.
As for Houchen and the airport, it was a major point on his manifesto and he got elected. No argument there. Airport or trading estate is the option.
Comparing that as a vanity project to Hinge and Bracket's egotistical tinkering, there's no comparison.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

pensionater

If the zealots on here can't see the hypocrisy of Tory MP's photo bombing food banks then there is something seriously wrong with their moral compass.

mk1

Quote from: pensionater on December 04, 2018, 08: AM
If the zealots on here can't see the hypocrisy of Tory MP's photo bombing food banks then there is something seriously wrong with their moral compass.

Likewise if you can't see that Corbyn is a committed Brexiteer trying to fool convince his overwhelmingly pro-EU membership that he going to keep the UK in the EU

The original post was a 'pox on all your houses' message that seems to have caused some discomfort in the area of your gluteus maximus.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Calling forum members zealots, Pensionater? Really can't see the justification for that.

fred c

If Tories photo bombing a food bank is hypocrisy, I dread to think of the description that could be thrown in the direction of the LabMob councillors using public money to donate to one.......

Just because this forum offers up criticism of the Labour/Tory ruling group it doesn't follow that all posters are anti labour zealots, I suspect that most users are or were traditional labour supporters, the fact that creature doesn't exist in Hartlepool under this present bunch means they are fair game....

BTW my Moral Compass is Calibrated and Certified.

Inspector Knacker

Whatever.
Is it your shift this week?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.