Potential Council Leaders

Started by UnknownUser, November 26, 2018, 11: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mr ben

No you are wrong !! if hbc was run like a company  it would not be in the s**t state it is in now . we have employed  a goon off the street that has been let loose with pots  of money  and spending like a lotto winner .  its like any company that  can sell or offers services to a government  backed project will charge more because he or she knows that most of people in charge of the coffers  haven't got a clue  and dont care because its not there money ....... HENCE THE GOON WE HAVE EMPLOYED .

fred c

" The Council Ltd. is not a profitable business, it is in fact a big loss maker and the Council leader is the public face of that establishment"

I don't think many people expect the council to turn a profit, what they do expect is a reasonable level of services and amenities, most people also understand that government cuts have affected the councils ability to provide the services and amenities they have been used to.

What the public don't expect is a series of disastrous decisions that have wasted millions of pounds, those decisions have been made by the labtor coalition council, the list is long and well documented and I won't waste time going through them again.

The real urine boiler for most of us is the council to councillor deals, schemes, cic', businesses, charities...... it's only in recent years that circumstances surrounding some of those issues have 'leaked out' of the civic.......The £2k Gold Medals being a particularly inflammatory example of the waste of money by this council.

Lord Elpus

Quote from: fred c on November 28, 2018, 08: AM
" The Council Ltd. is not a profitable business, it is in fact a big loss maker and the Council leader is the public face of that establishment"

I don't think many people expect the council to turn a profit, what they do expect is a reasonable level of services and amenities, most people also understand that government cuts have affected the councils ability to provide the services and amenities they have been used to.

What the public don't expect is a series of disastrous decisions that have wasted millions of pounds, those decisions have been made by the labtor coalition council, the list is long and well documented and I won't waste time going through them again.

The real urine boiler for most of us is the council to councillor deals, schemes, cic', businesses, charities...... it's only in recent years that circumstances surrounding some of those issues have 'leaked out' of the civic.......The £2k Gold Medals being a particularly inflammatory example of the waste of money by this council.

Too right Fred, CAB aka Calamity Chris has cost us Council tax payers millions through bad decisions such as scraping the town plan, Jacksons Landing and failing to pick up the 106 money for Wynyard.

I suspect all of these very expensive c**k ups could have been avoided by listening to Officers advice.

Ironically Drummond was in many ways a great leader compared to Calamity Chris simply because he was always willing to listen to good advice and never presumed he knew best.  CAB, SAB, Mad Dog, Cranney etc all think they know better.

I number of good Officers HBC has lost because of this we know best attitude is alarming.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: The Great Dictator on November 28, 2018, 01: AM

Despite your dreadful grasp of the English language Mr. Ben i think you and others are missing the point here.

The Council Ltd. is not a profitable business, it is in fact a big loss maker and the Council leader is the public face of that establishment.

He/she is there to shoulder the blame for the Council officers and Government financiers, regardless of who is in power there will always be a shortfall in support grants for every town.

In general, businessmen/women do not make good Councillors simply because they know the limitations of fiscal disaster whereas a good Councillor looks after his flock and ignores the complications of local government finance.

You may dislike CAB because of his hairstyle, dress sense, choice of car or sexuality but he is suffering the same trials as every other leader we have had in the past that i know of.

I have run my own profitable business for 37 years and could do so with my eyes shut but after spending 5 years on every committee in the Council could never see a way of covering the escalating shortfall in cash needed.

Looking at the list of possibilities i can honestly say that any member of the local Labour Council is capable of becoming leader but none are likely to produce any better that the present one.

Jill Alexander will soon be advised by top Whitehall money bigwigs to "arrange" for a 4.9% increase in next years Council Tax bills to cover the shortfall in support grants and the leader will take the flak.

It's not what anyone wants to hear but it's written in the stars i'm afraid  :-\

It's always been so, nothing new.
However,  that isn't the issue.
Everyone and their dog knows the problem.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Bluenose

While it is accepted that Councils are not designed to make money . They have a moral and ethically duty  not to waste money. I accept that  individual Councillors  may not be business mined  but surely they can see wanton waste and mismanagement.
In the time I have lived in the town  I have seen limited  infrastructure improvements  and a plethora of pipe dreams . What the town needs is a pragmatic political  leader who doesn't blame every one else  supported by an effective CEO and MP,  who will at least face the challenges  and not  supply a pipe  dream involution .
Truth is I  do not  think that will happen  any time soon so  best thing maybe the current council accepts  special measures and a true picture comes out to all and the improvements can begin.

jawsbbc

Quote from: Lord Elpus on November 28, 2018, 09: AM
Quote from: fred c on November 28, 2018, 08: AM

Too right Fred, CAB aka Calamity Chris has cost us Council tax payers millions through bad decisions such as scraping the town plan, Jacksons Landing and failing to pick up the 106 money for Wynyard.

I suspect all of these very expensive c**k ups could have been avoided by listening to Officers advice.

Ironically Drummond was in many ways a great leader compared to Calamity Chris simply because he was always willing to listen to good advice and never presumed he knew best.  CAB, SAB, Mad Dog, Cranney etc all think they know better.

I number of good Officers HBC has lost because of this we know best attitude is alarming.
spot on geoff the four of them stick together like birds of a feather when one of them is in the s***  you can  guarantee the other 3 will  be there for them we see it time and time again

UnknownUser

Quote from: SRMoore on November 26, 2018, 01: PM
For absolute clarity I will state that I would not and do not want to be the leader of the council.

Still the case?!
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you, you know your nation is doomed.

Ayn Rand

diSme

Quote from: UnknownUser on May 10, 2019, 04: PM
For absolute clarity I will state that I would not and do not want to be the leader of the council.

Still the case?!

Fair comment/question.....!
I believe everything and nothing

mk1

Quote from: diSme on May 10, 2019, 04: PM

Still the case?!

Pontless 'Gotcha'.
Circumstances change and whilst I would not like to be King Of The World if the then default  candidate was Tommy Knobinson I think I could be persuaded to change my mind.

diSme

Quote from: mk1 on May 10, 2019, 04: PM
Quote from: diSme on May 10, 2019, 04: PM

Still the case?!

Pontless 'Gotcha'.
Circumstances change and whilst I would not like to be King Of The World if the then default  candidate was Tommy Knobinson I think I could be persuaded to change my mind.

It's not totally pointless though...

I like Shane, he seems like a good guy, however these are the kind of questions that politicians should be able to answer freely and openly...
I believe everything and nothing

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: mk1 on November 26, 2018, 05: PM
Is this the same Brash who manipulated the system to get Mandelson made a Freeman? It had to be done that way because in a free vote no one would have given it to the snake.
Brash who  used multiple IDs here to praise himself as a disinterested third party?
Brash is totally a Party politician who will, if he ever did assume command, make sure all evidence of the SCAB Cabal looting is buried  and never ever  sees the light of day.
I think your all crazy.
Totally agree. He fell foul of the cabal and paid the price, but his loyalty to the Party remains. Waiting to be invited back no doubt now the Labour lot have had the drains up.

UnknownUser

Pontless 'Gotcha'.

No 'Gotcha' involved! I'm not the police who's just collared a criminal red-handed.

You yourself mentioned circumstances changing, exactly why I've asked if this it was still the case.
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you, you know your nation is doomed.

Ayn Rand

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: Lucy Lass-Tick on November 26, 2018, 05: PM

When it comes to tenacity and survival, isn't it said that cockroaches can survive a nuclear winter?  ::)
But not without allowances.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on May 10, 2019, 05: PM
Quote from: Lucy Lass-Tick on November 26, 2018, 05: PM

When it comes to tenacity and survival, isn't it said that cockroaches can survive a nuclear winter?  ::)
But not without allowances.

Veuve Cliquot doesn't come cheap.

mk1

Quote from: UnknownUser on May 10, 2019, 05: PM
I'm not the police who's just collared a criminal red-handed.

https://youtu.be/p-BBv3GbQzQ?t=30

Put me out of my misery..........