Labour group descends into all of war . . .

Started by DRiddle, November 14, 2018, 02: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fred c

I might be wise to avoid Victoria Road in the area of the Civic over the next few days............

There is the likelihood of a Giant S**t Storm covering the whole area.

DRiddle

The initial story leaked to the BBC is widely known now. They'll need to make a decision to run with it or call it off. My understanding is HBC could kill the story in an instant and fully discredit the main point the story 'reveals'.

However, as we known, the Chief Executive Officer does NOT call the shots within HBC. My understanding is HBC will NOT do what needs to be done to kill the story. Instead, it will essentially be allowed to make it into the press in order to discredit the person at the centre of it.

So whether there's any truth in the story or not appears to be irrelevant. The person who leaked it will have achieved their objective if it runs.

mk1

So its a SCAB smear aimed against the new mob.

DRiddle

It'll get out one way or another. These things tend to.

Nice

Quote from: mk1 on November 15, 2018, 11: AM
So its a SCAB smear aimed against the new mob.

Does any one have a link to see whats going on ?

Johnny Bongo

I dare say that quite a few HCLP members / councillors will be busy with a grindstone at the moment................sharpening the knives, as there will be lots of backstabbing for a while yet!

seaton

Quote from: DRiddle on November 15, 2018, 05: AM
It was BBC Tees. There's a link to it a few posts back. There's been further developments so it might take a day or two for the story to break. The BBC may even opt not to break it at all. Which would probably upset the person who intentionally leaked it.
Hopefully Tees will do a bit of investgave journalism too hear both sides of the story.too see what occurred initially.

Disgruntled voter

The suspense is killing me . Can somebody please direct me towards the scandal .

mk1

Quote from: Disgruntled voter on November 15, 2018, 01: PM
The suspense is killing me . Can somebody please direct me towards the scandal .

The hope is the target of the SCAB smear will respond in kind  with some dirt on them.  Might I suggest a leaking of the results of the  internal Labour Party Report about SAB plying under-age  Labour Youth Members with drink? 
I believe the victim is known to be an admirer of the J Edgar Hoover way of doing things (no not the  wearing women's clothes bit) and has kept a copious amount of documentation on his colleagues failings over the years which he uses to ward off any moves against him. LBJ believed it was best to keep such a man  'inside the tent peeing out than outside the tent peeing in'. Lets hope  he now starts peeing in!

Disgruntled voter

Lord Elpus

I wonder if Carl's book will fall open on the pages relating to 'the Bournemouth incident'.

DRiddle

You have to laugh though don't you? An attempt to smear a political rival (allegedly) bang smack in the middle of what looks like being the biggest national political news story of the year. What a calamity.

mk1

Quote from: Lord Elpus on November 15, 2018, 04: PM
I wonder if Carl's book will fall open on the pages relating to 'the Bournemouth incident'.

You mean the disgusting false accusation that, whilst on a Council funded jolly in Bournemouth The SCABs decided to sample the local nightlife.  They met lots of new friends and when CAB turned his back SAB vanished into the crowd of recent youthful acquaintances. CAB searched high and low but no sign of the man-mountain anywhere and was forced to retire to the Hotel on his own. As dawn was breaking SAB stumbled back to the hotel to find CAB sitting up waiting for him in a state of great emotional strain. Shrieks of 'where the feck have you been' mingled with wails of 'what time do you call this'. Plaintive cries of 'I knew you were up to something with that Gary Barlow lookalike' soon gave way to the sound of splintering furniture and falling curtain rails. Loud thuds could be heard  over high-pitched shrieks-later inspection revealed  large potato-head sized depressions were found in various partition walls. Alarmed by the commotion and  thinking a herd of migrating wildebeest had taken up winter quarters  the staff rushed to the room to find two men furiously pulling each others hair and trading insults like 'I ruined my eyes with botox trying to look good for you/ I lost 15 stone and this is all the thanks I get' ' were rolling about on the floor. After seperation and handbags had been safely removed the room was found to be badly damaged. The Manager started to phone the Police and was only dissuaded from following this course of action by a hefty compensation payment by Hartlepool's leading citizens. They were then ushered to the door with a lifetime ban ringing in their ears.

You means that entirely fictitious Bournemouth Incident that Carl recounts every time he  has 10 pints under his belt?

DRiddle

Looks like it's a long night in committee room B. Standing room only, more packed the Theresa May's press conference. It started at 4.30pm.

Looks like there's a lot to discuss.

Agenda Item one I'm told is 'Who keeps leaking everything to David Riddle?'  ;)

Keep an eye on who's playing on their phone Christopher . . .

Disgruntled voter

Quote from: DRiddle on November 15, 2018, 06: PM
Looks like it's a long night in committee room B. Standing room only, more packed the Theresa May's press conference. It started at 4.30pm.

Looks like there's a lot to discuss.

Agenda Item one I'm told is 'Who keeps leaking everything to David Riddle?'  ;)

Keep an eye on who's playing on their phone Christopher . . .

Love it :)