Local Labour Party members tighten the noose on Christopher Akers-Belcher

Started by DRiddle, November 10, 2018, 09: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DRiddle

Both motions have been voted FOR.

39 for, 5 against, 2 abstain. (first motion).

The second was 45 for, 1 abstain.

I got that at about 7.07pm Christopher. That's how quickly people within your group are keen to get the message out there.

Disgruntled voter

What was the second motion ? Involment with hubs and resident associations.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: Disgruntled voter on November 16, 2018, 07: PM
What was the second motion ?
'

From DRiddle at the beginning of the thread. 'In addition, there's also a second part of the compound motion which asks that Labour Party members confirm that they are not involved with community or commercial activities which could (or be perceived to) bring the Labour party into disrepute.'

DRiddle

It was asking elected members to confirm they were not involved with charitable or commercial ventures which could (or be perceived to) bring the party into disrepute.

Which is a little bit like asking a bunch of alcoholics if there are one or two among them who like a drink.

jawsbbc

Quote from: Disgruntled voter on November 16, 2018, 07: PM
What was the second motion ? Involment with hubs and resident associations.
the toxic few have got their fingers in most community and residents association  trust me

Disgruntled voter

Johnny Bongo

Quote from: Disgruntled voter on November 16, 2018, 08: PM
I wonder who they will try to expel next .

They all should be expelled, as they've no doubt voted 'FOR' on contentious issues that have had a negative effect on the Hartlepool residents.  Now that they see their allowances threatened by losing their seats at the forthcoming elections, they're in survival mode and think they will be saved by getting rid of CAB. Time will tell. An interesting few months ahead, I think!

Land Phil

If all of the mob are not expelled then the exercise will have been pointless.

seaton

Inspector Knacker

It's a fight in a rats nest.
They ALL marched along in the same column to the beat of the same drum under the same banner, so replacing the old pretenders with caring new ones will change nothing, rebranding this shower will be like swimming down to the Titanic to give it a lick of paint.
Now after the greatest mass slow awakening in politics and rubbing their colective eyes, they've suddenly realised they've been diligently following the circus parade behind the clowns and the ' Amazing Spineless Family', "without a bone in any of their bodies".
Well, it wasn't a dream and you were part of the problem, you were the Circus tent that supported the act and now the clowns have sold the tent you suddenly realise you have a 'problem'. Dear oh dear.
Civic duty or self preservation?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Inspector Knacker

One thing that baffles me is the quote of a 'growing tide of lies and deception' on local social media.
So are their woes based on this? ... and if so, surely that could be nothing to do with their leadership as it's all down to the ' growing tide of lies and deception' on social media?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Veritas

Just for clarity, he has gone?
There is a lot of decent workers at the authority and need to sort out the bunting.

jeffh

Quote from: Veritas on November 17, 2018, 06: AM
Just for clarity, he has gone?
There is a lot of decent workers at the authority and need to sort out the bunting.
I don't think he's gone - it's now down to the Labour Councillors to vote him out - as I said in a previous post he'll probably survive. 
The only way we'll get rid of him as leader is for an Independent majority in the Council Chamber

fred c

Like every one else I want to see the back of CAB......But if he does decide to hang on untill 2020 it will certainly help Independent councillors in 2019/2020.....The prospect of that happening won't give the Corbyn Pixies much satisfaction  :D

John dory

I hope with all what's going on enough info comes out for a prosecution of sorts. I've been reading the post for approx two years now and can't believe how a lot of councillors have behaved. They should be named and shamed and put on billboards across the town. If i want something I don't con people. Steal or Rob people.I will never vote Labour again. t****..