Local Labour Party members tighten the noose on Christopher Akers-Belcher

Started by DRiddle, November 10, 2018, 09: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DRiddle

The only way Jeans term will end early is she either steps down or misses 6 full council meetings in a row.

My guess would be she'll attend JUST enough meetings to stop this happening, probably just about the 2 or 3 required per year. She'll also be made to come along to other internal labour votes such as this one.

The interesting swing vote is Stephen Thomas. His main income steam comes via health watch which had/has a contract which could run until 2021 (theee years plus 2 x 12 month extensions).

Does he have the balls to vote with his conscience and essentially vote against his boss?

I sincerely doubt it . . .

DRiddle

QuoteDave - in your post you said more on Money Bags later - we are all ears

It's not really 'new news' on Jimbo. More just me clarifying my view on him. If he DOES vote against CAB next week my view is it will be for no other reason than to try and save his own skin.

He was elected promising fire and brimstone and that he would "sort out those Akers-Belchers". In reality, he's spent 3 and a half years voting WITH them, cosying up to them and  sitting on his hands and doing literally NOTHING to help bring about the change that most rational people knew was necessary years ago.

Concerning the 31% rise, not only did he vote FOR it and take it, he stood in full council, openly stated he didn't need the money, then voted for it anyway.

He only really started to change his tune when Alan Clarke lost his seat in the same ward. That was his wake up call.

He then started to claim he always "has his say".

Spineless greedy little man in my opinion.

The sort of bloke who keeps an eye on which way the sheep are moving and then just runs with the flock. Coward, no time for him.

jeffh

Quote from: DRiddle on December 08, 2018, 08: PM
QuoteDave - in your post you said more on Money Bags later - we are all ears

It's not really 'new news' on Jimbo. More just me clarifying my view on him. If he DOES vote against CAB next week my view is it will be for no other reason than to try and save his own skin.

He was elected promising fire and brimstone and that he would "sort out those Akers-Belchers". In reality, he's spent 3 and a half years voting WITH them, cosying up to them and  sitting on his hands and doing literally NOTHING to help bring about the change that most rational people knew was necessary years ago.

Concerning the 31% rise, not only did he vote FOR it and take it, he stood in full council, openly stated he didn't need the money, then voted for it anyway.

He only really started to change his tune when Alan Clarke lost his seat in the same ward. That was his wake up call.

He then started to claim he always "has his say".

Spineless greedy little man in my opinion.

The sort of bloke who keeps an eye on which way the sheep are moving and then just runs with the flock. Coward, no time for him.
With the writing on the wall in the Fens I think he was hoping that the new boundary changes would come into effect in 2019 which would allow him to cross Catcote Road into the new readymade Labour Ward.  If he keeps his nose clean he may have to take a year out then stand in 2020, but if he supports CAB that may be the end of money bags.

Land Phil

fred c

Loadsa Money's declaration of "I don't need the money, but Im voting for it anyway" has probably made him a toxic candidate wherever he stands.....I have sat in the council chamber and listened to all sorts of hypocritical crap over the years, but Loadsa Money is number 1 on the list.

As for Thomas abstaining on the no confidence vote I doubt it, he can't be seen by the Pixies to be sitting on the fence.....He has to be with em or agin em.

Owen Jones

Is there a chance that they will be told how to vote ( a three line whip) ?

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: Owen Jones on December 09, 2018, 02: PM

Logically, that would negate the whole point of the vote, but hey ho - this is HBC.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: Owen Jones on December 09, 2018, 02: PM
The whip won't be necessary, I just assumed 'they will be told how to vote' anyway.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

DRiddle

This message below is from the Facebook page of Tom Cook, one of the younger members of the Labour Party who is trying to oust the scum and parasites from within.

QuoteThe parallels between the Politics on the national stage and in Hartlepool are at present, nothing short of astounding.

Labour Councillors submitted an item of business detailing a leadership challenge for a meeting that was to be held this Thursday 13th December, against Christopher Akers-Belcher for his position as Leader of the Labour Group and thus Hartlepool Borough Council.

This challenge was issued on the back of a vote of No Confidence in Christopher's leadership of Hartlepool Borough Council by the members of Hartlepool Labour Party.

Concerns have also been expressed by the Party about the leadership's involvement with numerous community projects around the town and the inherent lack of transparency surrounding them.

On Monday afternoon, shortly after Theresa May had cancelled the vote on her Brexit deal, Labour Group Secretary Stephen Akers-Belcher emailed all Labour councillors and observers to inform them that the meeting this Thursday 13th December was being postponed until next Tuesday 18th December.

The chief whip refused to provide an exhaustive list of Labour councillors that had submitted apologies when asked by the Executive Labour Party observer (as is the Party's right), showing contempt for Party members. The same Councillor and incumbent ceremonial Mayor of Hartlepool also recently threatened to stand as an independent councillor in 2019, after failing to be selected by Labour Party.

Upon further investigation, we discovered that numerous last minute apologies were submitted in order to warrant postponing this Thursday's meeting, as the allies of Christopher Akers-Belcher did not have sufficient available attendees to be able to successfully fend off a Leadership challenge.

This is just another example of the dirty, underhanded cheating tactics that this small cabal of Councillors are best known for. Second best for bullying and intimidation.

The Labour Party in Hartlepool have made it clear that they no longer believe Christopher is fit to lead the Council, and as demonstrated in the democratic proceedings earlier this year, the Party are dissatisfied with the performance of some of the Councillors that also happen to support him.

All councillors will be up for selection in 2019 for the all-out elections coming up in 2020. There will likely be more Labour Councillors that lose the opportunity to represent Labour due to the sheer contempt they have shown the Party, members and supporters.

The writing is and has been on the wall for months. So to begrudgingly quote David Cameron, and on behalf of the vast majority of Labour Party members in Hartlepool and the vast majority of residents in Hartlepool: "for heaven's sake man, go".

I'd love the idea of Barclay trying to win a seat, particularly the Manor House seat, as an independent. He'd do well to get 50 votes without the official Labour ticket. He'd also struggle to get his postal vote letters out without collapsing into the gutter.

On the broader content of the message above, the noose it tightening on the parasites. They look to be almost certainly out of Hartlepool Council come 2020.

The worry now though would be the damage they could do in their last year or so at the wheel.

fred c

The parallels between the Politics on the national stage and in Hartlepool are at present, nothing short of astounding.

Labour Councillors submitted an item of business detailing a leadership challenge for a meeting that was to be held this Thursday 13th December, against Christopher Akers-Belcher for his position as Leader of the Labour Group and thus Hartlepool Borough Council.

This challenge was issued on the back of a vote of No Confidence in Christopher's leadership of Hartlepool Borough Council by the members of Hartlepool Labour Party.

Concerns have also been expressed by the Party about the leadership's involvement with numerous community projects around the town and the inherent lack of transparency surrounding them.

Those concerns have been expressed by users of The Hartlepool Post for 5 years, numerous questions were asked in council meetings about the grant funding to CIC aka (Councillors Interest Companies) those question were ignored and the questioners abused and vilified by some of those who are now using those reasons to get rid of the SCABAL.

On Monday afternoon, shortly after Theresa May had cancelled the vote on her Brexit deal, Labour Group Secretary Stephen Akers-Belcher emailed all Labour councillors and observers to inform them that the meeting this Thursday 13th December was being postponed until next Tuesday 18th December.

The chief whip refused to provide an exhaustive list of Labour councillors that had submitted apologies when asked by the Executive Labour Party observer (as is the Party's right), showing contempt for Party members. The same Councillor and incumbent ceremonial Mayor of Hartlepool also recently threatened to stand as an independent councillor in 2019, after failing to be selected by Labour Party.

Upon further investigation, we discovered that numerous last minute apologies were submitted in order to warrant postponing this Thursday's meeting, as the allies of Christopher Akers-Belcher did not have sufficient available attendees to be able to successfully fend off a Leadership challenge.

This is just another example of the dirty, underhanded cheating tactics that this small cabal of Councillors are best known for. Second best for bullying and intimidation.

This behaviour has also been well known and widely discussed by users of this forum and there are numerous instances of users of this forum being bullied and intimidated by members of the SCABAL, including a councillor being detained in a police station cell for a day, members of the public vilified and abused in a disgusting sexual and misogynistic manner.

The Labour Party in Hartlepool have made it clear that they no longer believe Christopher is fit to lead the Council, and as demonstrated in the democratic proceedings earlier this year, the Party are dissatisfied with the performance of some of the Councillors that also happen to support him.

All councillors will be up for selection in 2019 for the all-out elections coming up in 2020. There will likely be more Labour Councillors that lose the opportunity to represent Labour due to the sheer contempt they have shown the Party, members and supporters.

They SCABAL, indeed the whole ruling group have held the public in total contempt for the last 5 years, members of the public banned from council premises and attending meetings, the contempt culminated in numerous changes to the towns constitution to suit the ruling groups agenda.......all voted for by the same councillors who are now divided into twp warring factions.

The writing is and has been on the wall for months. So to begrudgingly quote David Cameron, and on behalf of the vast majority of Labour Party members in Hartlepool and the vast majority of residents in Hartlepool: "for heaven's sake man, go".

The writing has been on the wall for 5 years and a good proportion of those councillors that are now  prepared to overthrow CAB and his SCABAL, are the self same councillors that have sat with their thumbs up  their arses for 5 years and willingly backed the lack of transparency, integrity, honesty, abuse of power, barefaced lying, bullying of members of staff and the public.

With the comments above emanating from the HCLP, will the HCLP,  the new leader and his council commit to a full and Independent forensic accountancy investigation into the circumstances surrounding the way the LabTor council has governed the town during the last 5 years.

Hartlepudlion

The worry now though would be the damage they could do in their last year or so at the wheel.

That is the problem.

Perhaps Chris Little should declare Section 114 NOW rather than later?

Inspector Knacker

What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Disgruntled voter

Will the vote happen today ? Will we finally get rid of this halfwit? 

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: Disgruntled voter on December 18, 2018, 11: AM
Will the vote happen today ? Will we finally get rid of this halfwit?

We'll see ... but personally I suspect that the fireworks will end up as more of a damp squib.

DRiddle

Dave might not have the numbers now. Not heard for certain whether it'll go ahead. I hope it does. Even if he loses we need to know categorically which of the fringe members actually are prepared to publicly/semi-publicly back the SCABS.

My guess would be anyone who DOES support them (outside their obvious hangers on) will be on borrowed time as a Labour councillor.