Local Labour Party members tighten the noose on Christopher Akers-Belcher

Started by DRiddle, November 10, 2018, 09: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevplumb

Quote from: diSme on November 11, 2018, 09: AM
Well this is certainly good news to contemplate over my Sunday morning cuppa. The proposed move by the party may well not be a cure for all, however it should be a massive step in the right direction.

I can see potential for this move to cause further damage to the local reputation of the labour party, as anyone with with reasonable cognitive function will wonder why it's taken so long for the party to do anything about this Trainwreck of a 'leader'.

bolting the stable door after the hoss has had it away

I agree there should be a fully transparent investigation with charges brought if there is evidence they are all as twisted as corkscrews

a point to ponder on peeps

who is going to replace him that's any better ?????
along with the rest of the motley crew
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

diSme

Quote from: kevplumb on November 11, 2018, 09: AM
Quote from: diSme on November 11, 2018, 09: AM
Well this is certainly good news to contemplate over my Sunday morning cuppa. The proposed move by the party may well not be a cure for all, however it should be a massive step in the right direction.

I can see potential for this move to cause further damage to the local reputation of the labour party, as anyone with with reasonable cognitive function will wonder why it's taken so long for the party to do anything about this Trainwreck of a 'leader'.

bolting the stable door after the hoss has had it away

I agree there should be a fully transparent investigation with charges brought if there is evidence they are all as twisted as corkscrews

a point to ponder on peeps

who is going to replace him that's any better ?????
along with the rest of the motley crew

Well I'm fairly sure they'd be hard pressed to find anyone worse!  :D
I believe everything and nothing

kevplumb

good point  ;)

but I can't see the corbynite pixies being any better either  :-\
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

jeffh

In addition, there's also a second part of the compound motion which asks that Labour Party members confirm that they are not involved with community or commercial activities which could (or be perceived to) bring the Labour party into disrepute.

I find the second motion very interesting as that's the one that implies wrong doing by Labour Councillors

The whole Rifty issue has been under scrutiny for a while and I can't for the life of me understand why HBC hasn't progressed it - though if we remember the HBC solution to the MRA problem was to stop the public asking questions.

Even if we just look at the rent for the building - if the Rifty Club is paying £100 / week rent that equates to £5200 per annum, which is above the Charity Commission threshold (they must have received that amount to pay it) - if HBC is giving it rent free they must show a figure in their books as a charitable donation in lieu of rent - this would then need to be shown in the Rifty Accounts as having received a charitable donation equivalent to that amount.  That's before we start looking at Dinners for children, Mayoral Contributions etc.

Could be another MRA brewing - I wonder who'll get their knuckles rapped this time - at least nobody will have to stand up and deny being trustees this time - they haven't got any.

DRiddle

Just to put a bit of meat on the bones, this is from one of what I believe are several slightly different versions of the letter to Labour Party members.

"A lack of communication and consultation with Hartlepool's electorate and recent constitutional reforms within HBC which have made our council less accessible, less democratic and less accountable to the general public in direct contravention of CLP policy around public questions and the timings of meetings. That in so doing the leadership of the group is falling short of the seven Nolan principles of public life, namely selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty and leadership".

That's the actual local Labour Party saying the leadership is falling short of the Nolan principles. Which is something people on here have said from day one since CAB and the mob took over.

Officers at various levels have had to clear up or hide CABS calamities time and time again, while this website and recently Hartlepool TV battle to expose them.

Somethings got to give.

DRiddle

Note the following also.

The motion is proposed: Burn Valley Branch Labour Party, Hart Branch Labour Party, Headland & Harbour Branch Labour Party , Jesmond Branch Labour Party, Rural West Branch Labour Party, Seaton Branch Labour Party, Victoria Branch Labour Party.

The confirms what I said a while back about the extent of the rift. Obviously Manor House, De Bruce, Fens and Rossmere and Foggy Furze do not appear to be formally supporting the motion. The wards of SAB, Cook and Thomas, Lindridge and CAB himself.

Time to pick your horse Carl.

fred c

Quote from: DRiddle on November 11, 2018, 12: PM
Note the following also.

The motion is proposed: Burn Valley Branch Labour Party, Hart Branch Labour Party, Headland & Harbour Branch Labour Party , Jesmond Branch Labour Party, Rural West Branch Labour Party, Seaton Branch Labour Party, Victoria Branch Labour Party.

The confirms what I said a while back about the extent of the rift. Obviously Manor House, De Bruce, Fens and Rossmere and Foggy Furze do not appear to be formally supporting the motion. The wards of SAB, Cook and Thomas, Lindridge and CAB himself.

Time to pick your horse Carl.

We all know that Carl will be safe.....If he had ridden down the 'Valley of Death' every day for 12 months his horse, with him on it would have survived intact.....

Inspector Knacker

I find this farcical. The 'Party' has ignored the longest running farce in political comedy for years.
Problem? What problem.
So, like a coma victim, they finally wake up to the bleedin obvious problem everyone else twigged onto a loooooooong time ago.
Now if they couldn't see the problem, what does that say about them?
Was it a case of not knowing or Party loyalty? Either option does not bode well them.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

mk1

Quote from: fred c on November 11, 2018, 01: PM

We all know that Carl will be safe.....If he had ridden down the 'Valley of Death' every day for 12 months his horse, with him on it would have survived intact.....

That would have to be some horse..............

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RdqqVogKK0

fred c

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on November 11, 2018, 02: PM
I find this farcical. The 'Party' has ignored the longest running farce in political comedy for years.
Problem? What problem.
So, like a coma victim, they finally wake up to the bleedin obvious problem everyone else twigged onto a loooooooong time ago.
Was it a case of not knowing or Party loyalty? Either option does not bode well them.

It's not as though they didn't know about what was going on since The Dear Leader assumed command, the Chairman of the HCLP who is employed by the council was sat in the corner of the council chamber on a regular basis and even more telling, so were Richardson, MD, Cranney Simmonds (now HCLP Chairman) Cook, Beck, Lindridge, Clarke et al

They all knew what was going on, even the 3 Tories and yet the all jumped on the shovel when C A B shouted s**t.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: mk1 on November 11, 2018, 02: PM
Quote from: fred c on November 11, 2018, 01: PM

That would have to be some horse..............

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RdqqVogKK0
'The Charge of the Sh**e Brigade' comes to mind for some reason.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: fred c on November 11, 2018, 05: PM
Quote from: Inspector Knacker on November 11, 2018, 02: PM
Problem? What problem.
Whenever they go, they're leaving the Party a 'memorable' legacy.

It's not as though they didn't know about what was going on since The Dear Leader assumed command, the Chairman of the HCLP who is employed by the council was sat in the corner of the council chamber on a regular basis and even more telling, so were Richardson, MD, Cranney Simmonds (now HCLP Chairman) Cook, Beck, Lindridge, Clarke et al

They all knew what was going on, even the 3 Tories and yet the all jumped on the shovel when C A B shouted s**t.

DRiddle

Just an update from a source VERY close to the current council leader.

Of the 11 wards in Hartlepool, only ONE has formally shown support for the leader.

That ward is Foggy Furze. His own ward. Although Manor House, De Bruce and Fens and Rossmere are not named on the motion, that does NOT mean those wards Labour members support him.

A motion of no confidence in Christopher Akers-Belcher WILL be put to Labour Party members. It will be voted for. It's then down to the will of the current local councillors to listen and ACT on the wishes of their members.

And by the way Christopher 2020 as a compromise isn't good enough. They want you out NOW. You and your cronies ARE responsible for the absolute collapse in the local labour vote. It WILL continue to collapse while you are stumbling around out of your depth.

Inspector Knacker

As the storm clouds gather, you have to ask yourself is this a principled revolt by previously docile minions or a collective forehead slapping realisation things are really bad. This whole saga highlights the dead hand of Party politics in local democracy where the peoples' needs are secondary to Party loyalty.
I'm always amazed that anyone in any Party can stifle their consience or beliefs to meekly comply with group think decree, just who are they reprinting?
We've now had several years of stagnation and inertia tarted up and touted as success from people with the vision of a chimps tea party, messy and mildly amusing, but there's always a right old mess to be cleared up when they've gone.
Will a replacement troupe have better table manners or just new tricks to amuse?

Stig of the Seaton Dump

When did Seaton have a Labour group ?
Do they meet in the telephone box on the Green ?

Just curious.
I don't believe it.