Fallout from ‘that screenshot’ . . .

Started by DRiddle, November 09, 2018, 07: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Land Phil

HBC never gives an open honest and transparent answer to any questions.

I know from submitting FOI requests and questions to full council.

If they don't play by the spirit of the rules of public service then what option is there ?

I also wonder if the gold medal giving was such a good thing then why wasn't it ever a public and publicised event ?

crisstw

Apparently someone could think that the gold medal was to ensure that the mayor donated half of the funds earned during his term as mayor to an organisation that noone knows what it is, it's not declared as a charity or a business, but is in receipt of public funds... if this is what a person at hbc thought, then maybe they thought it was an illegal act if purchased or cover up of a potential illegal act if hidden, perhaps?

DRiddle

Whatever, there's a far bigger local politics story going to break this evening.

mk1

It seems to me you are all falling into line with the Council and the apologists agenda. Stop making the leaker the story and concentrate on the medal purchase intent.  Feck all the dancing on the head of a pin. Bollocks to breaches of the codes of conduct.  The grubby truth is out so use it to batter Labour.

fred c

It has nothing to do with "poor disciplinary procedure"....It has to do with poor management decisions and procedures, anyone who believes it's ok for HBC to operate an policy o f keeping the ratepayers in the dark about the pisspotical use of their money needs to give their head a shake.

PKelly

QuoteIt seems to me you are all falling into line with the Council and the apologists agenda. Stop making the leaker the story and concentrate on the medal purchase intent.

Mk1,

No. This is not what real whistleblowing is and attempting to cast leaking political information as whistleblowing makes it harder for those who need to use the whistleblowing process for it's intended purpose. I also re-iterate, leaking to social media is not whistleblowing and provides no protection for the whistleblower.

QuoteThe grubby truth is out so use it to batter Labour.

This just proves that the motivation is political point scoring (valid or not).

mk1

Quote from: PKelly on November 10, 2018, 09: PM

This just proves that the motivation is political point scoring (valid or not).

You can claim the high ground and eschew that which works pretty effectively for them. I think those who play with fire deserve a bucket of petrol thrown over them.

Aegrescit medendo?

PKelly

QuoteI think those who play with fire deserve a bucket of petrol thrown over them.

Which is all well and good until the person who supplied the petrol in good faith, being assured they would be protected thing gets convicted of being an accessory.

Not sure your paraphrasing of Virgil is entirely relevant, but I suppose it sounds clever to some.

mk1

Quote from: PKelly on November 10, 2018, 10: PM

Which is all well and good until the person who supplied the petrol in good faith, being assured they would be protected thing gets convicted of being an accessory.

The screenshot here was was not its first outing. I believe it was considered ok on a forum heavily policed by the anti-Belcher Labour faction.

Quote from: PKelly on November 10, 2018, 10: PMNot sure your paraphrasing of Virgil is entirely relevant, but I suppose it sounds clever to some.

Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.

DRiddle

There is absolutely no way a HBC officer or employee would dare go through official channels to whistleblow or to try to stop wasteful expenditure. The system and staffing structure toward the upper end of the pay scales is broken. Why do you think so many senior officers have left in recent times? Nobody dares speak out through the proper channels.

Inspector Knacker

QuoteI think those who play with fire deserve a bucket of petrol thrown over them.

Not sure your paraphrasing of Virgil is entirely relevant, but I suppose it sounds clever to some.
You're sounding awfully like a 'suit' looking down from the moral high ground
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

mk1

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on November 11, 2018, 02: PM

He is always demanding his right to 'free speech' whilst  denying the same to  anyone on Facebook who dares to expose his double-standard.   A contrary who would write a(nother) 32 page blog 'proving' the sky was green if he saw anyone here say it was blue. 

diSme

Absolutely agree!!!

Somebody clearly knows better than the rest of us....
I believe everything and nothing

Inspector Knacker

As you would.
The only fly in the ointment being while you were busy looking down and pontificating on the irrelevant, someone was selling the moral high ground for 'executive' housing.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

fred c

Quote from: mk1 on November 11, 2018, 02: PM

He is always demanding his right to 'free speech' whilst  denying the same to  anyone on Facebook who dares to expose his double-standard.   A contrary who would write a(nother) 32 page blog 'proving' the sky was green if he saw anyone here say it was blue.

He really is a 'Full Sack'........you can't get anything else in a full sack....

He has had to start his own FB Page because he has been turfed off so many others, having said that, he does have a loyal following on there, himself and 5 others.