BBC radio tees

Started by kevplumb, October 30, 2018, 08: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevplumb

don't know if anybody listens to it

I do because its the only station I can get on the site I'm on

interview this morning with Houchen was interesting  regarding 14 million for the former steelworks site
then the MP for Redcar had already done an interview which basically called him a liar then in the afternoon they had them both on the phone live

oh dear, he had her dead in the water  ;D ;D ;D
he had an answer to everything she tried to throw at him
worth a listen if it's on the website
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

Land Phil

Chi Onwurah, the Newcastle Labour MP suffered the same fate.

She accused him of no investment and no jobs being created.
He listed off millions here, tens of millions there, hundreds of jobs here, thousands of jobs there, investment in railways and stations etc. all signed off.

It made her and Labour North look stupid.

Labour needs to come up with a positive retaliation to better the job creation and investment from the Tory direction, not just try to slag them off with incorrect facts.

I would be embarrassed if I was Hartlepool’s MP.
I don’t think he will be though, he will be too busy fighting for gender equality for pre-school chimney sweeps he is so out of date and irrelevant.

The Great Dictator

Labour MPs are specifically trained to denigrate other MPs instead of trying to promote themselves, their party and manifesto.

Ed Miliband tried it and failed and so will Corbyn unless he comes up with a sustainable policy formula before the next election.

If you think the country's debt is big now wait until John O' Donnell has been in No.11 for 3 years.

UnknownUser

Investment in Railway & new stations in the North East had been in GRIP stages for several years before Houchen.

Currently the Great North Rail Project (GNRP), is part of Britain's Railway Upgrade Plan, will have delivered a multi-billion pound package of improvements for customers across the north of England by 2022. A good example of that is the huge S&C (points) replacement undertaken at Newcastle Central Station last Christmas when 19 sets of points was replaced costing £8.6 million

Horden had been refused funding in 2013 by the DfT although I'm led to believe DCC & TVCA (tvca funding presumably because of Houchen) are picking up the rest of the tab which is around £6.1 million, how that has been split is unknown to me, but will greatly benefit the Peterlee area.

I'm unsure if it will include a direct link to London via the Grand Central service and it's very unlikely that Northern(arriva) will add carriages to the existing trains they currently run on the Durham Coast line, even once they roll out the refurbished DMU's, it's a pity really as adding to an already congested service with no extra capacity even one extra carriage would be an improvement.

Renationalising will not go any way to solve the problem of the crowded & failing infrastructure either, but neither will greedy TOC who's only objective is profit.   

When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you, you know your nation is doomed.

Ayn Rand

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: UnknownUser on October 31, 2018, 11: AM

I'm unsure if it will include a direct link to London via the Grand Central service and it's very unlikely that Northern(arriva) will add carriages to the existing trains they currently run on the Durham Coast line, even once they roll out the refurbished DMU's, it's a pity really as adding to an already congested service with no extra capacity even one extra carriage would be an improvement.

You only have to travel to other parts of the country to realise that in the North East we get the pick of the crap as opposed to the pick of the crop. This region is being held back by rubbish public transport links and this town in particular. The Pacers aren't just a joke anymore they're an embarrassment. Who oh why do we have to put up with refurbished cast offs obviously not considered good enough for other parts of the country but ok for the thicko's up north. I despair that the powers that be don't realise that if you offer a comprehensive linking service that is frequent, reliable you open up the region, but the only such services are the ones taking you away from the region.

While I'm on my high horse, when Mr Ridley opened up the buses to privatisation in 1986, we were promised competition would end open it up. Well, monopolies are bigger and have more of a stranglehold than ever before. Bus services are a shadow of their former selves and a sight more expensive to use.
I must admit I have a horse in this race, because I never had a car till our local services were privatised, getting to work became difficult, constant service changes and constant fare increases made it obvious that the bus service was now a bus business.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

mk1

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on November 01, 2018, 07: AM

. The Pacers aren't just a joke anymore they're an embarrassment. Who oh why do we have to put up with refurbished cast offs obviously not considered good enough for other parts of the country but ok for the thicko's up north.

I think too much air is wasted on the 'crap' pacers. Sure they are old but it is far more important to spend the money on more frequent services  than replacing existing stock. I use the Metro a lot and the pacer trains are far more comfortable than Metro seating. Overcrowding is a huge problem but only on Saturdays. Hopefully the new Horden station will get a Metro link in a decade or so and it is but a small step to extend that to Hartlepool (25 years?) A Metro link would be an enormous boost to the town  more so if it gets its Durham extension.

UnknownUser

There are known aspirations to increase the frequency of heavy rail services between Middlesbrough, Sunderland and Newcastle. The Durham Coast route is being examined by Network Rail as an alternative route to the East Coast main line for long-distance freight traffic.

Just to extend the Metro to Seaham from Sunderland it's anticipated to be £41 Million

Electrification: £13 million based on a route length of approx. 10km
Stations: £20 million (based on £5 million per station on Network Rail)
Additional trains: £8 million (based on £2 million per train)
TOTAL: £41 million

Alongside Seaham there is also plans to extend the service to Washington, Doxford Park, Team Valley, Gateshead South, West Denton and connecting Howdon to Northumberland Park (which would serve Cobalt & Silverlink)

If we lived in the SOUTH EAST this would have happened 15-20 years ago, as we don't we live in the NORTH EAST these plans including the extension to Seaham if approved wouldn't start till at least 2030, so any extension of the service beyond that would probably not be until 2050
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you, you know your nation is doomed.

Ayn Rand

Inspector Knacker

We live in a national transporter backwater. The frequencies are crap and the pacers are crap. Some of Scotrail's second hand cast offs are on the service now. Why should we settle for old rolling stock, it's this acceptance of second best over the entire transport system in our part of the world that amazes me. Like our local visionaries 'Visions' regional politicians have been pumping out the so called Teesside Metro since the seventies, result, Jack s**t!
Ideally the Metro could run from Newcastle to Redcar down the coastal  line, fact is though, they just talk the talk.

UnknownUser

Newcastle to Redcar, will not happen, would take about £100 million to electrify the route to even enable the metro to run on the line, although it could include Hartlepool, Stockton, Thornaby & Middlesbrough a NE Metro system would be amazing but won't happen.

Ayn Rand

Inspector Knacker

It's logical, but has no chance, unless it was in the south east.
On a more practical level, the present service could run Newcastle to Redcar on a better frequency. Better DMU's, rebranded would do it a lot cheaper.