day of action

Started by kevplumb, October 26, 2018, 06: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevplumb

A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

jawsbbc

Quote from: kevplumb on October 26, 2018, 06: PM
https://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/crime/day-of-action-to-target-anti-social-behaviour-around-hartlepool-flats-hailed-a-success-1-9416179

I've  read it and can't for the life of me say why  ;D
load of crap nothing changed except a bit of  tidying up take the marines to clean that place up

Inspector Knacker

'Day of Action' my a**e!

They did a Multi agency door knock and leaflet drop I bet they were hiding under the beds trembling with fear and thinking of turning over a new leaf and taking holy orders.

Next, Removed the bushes, those pesky bushes, hanging about and not leaping out and robbing people, string em up.

Best of all Changing the bins, the deal breaker where all the anti social elements realise they have to change their ways when confronted the grim reality of the bins bring changed, the ultimate game changer.
Seriously, what next, a maypole, a chess club, communal quilt making, ballet theory?
I give up. ::)

What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Lucy Lass-Tick

PKelly

When I see the phrase "Day of Action", it always puts me in mind of Britain First and the EDL.  Sad thing is, both of those shambolic bunches of racist hooligans manage to get more boots on the street achieving their group's aims than this lot.

mk1

Quote from: PKelly on October 26, 2018, 11: PM
When I see the phrase "Day of Action", it always puts me in mind of Britain First and the EDL.  Sad thing is, both of those shambolic bunches of racist hooligans manage to get more boots on the street achieving their group's aims than this lot.

you think?

Inspector Knacker

Meanwhile, back in the Wild West of Wynyard Road, the towering shadow of iron authority is goose stepping across the communal green spaces and probably planning another DAY of ACTION!!!! aka 'Having a Laugh Day'.

PKelly

MK1,

Yeah, even with their miniscule numbers, it looks like the racists are doing better than Hartlepool Labour.

That said, I'm sure the competition for the highest combined IQ between the two groups is pretty close.  8)

AndyHagon

I say this with the utmost respect Ladies and Gentlemen, but please don't be fooled by these little gestures of community action, being drip fed into the Hartlepool Mail now and again with Labour's name on them. While it might not seem like they have a strategy, come the May 2019 Local Elections, some of this civic pride might have done just enough in the right Wards to keep Labour in, and progress out.

fred c

That's the Corbyn Pixies MO......Utilise every positive action as though it were a masterplan, when in fact it's nothing more than doing what a decent council should be doing.

Central government are injecting some hefty money in road repairs, nowhere will the LabMob mention that fact, they will dress it up a prudent management by what we know as an imprudent ruling group.

On the positive side, despite the efforts of TOHP &The Grapevine FB Pages, an awful lot of people are all to aware of the wanton wastefulness of the labtor coalition....social media has opened the eyes of the voting public.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: AndyHagon on October 28, 2018, 01: PM
I say this with the utmost respect Ladies and Gentlemen, but please don't be fooled by these little gestures of community action, being drip fed into the Hartlepool Mail now and again with Labour's name on them. While it might not seem like they have a strategy, come the May 2019 Local Elections, some of this civic pride might have done just enough in the right Wards to keep Labour in, and progress out.
I hope you're addressing this post to the gullible end of the electorate, as the residents of this board need no reminding of the cliques activities.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: fred c on October 28, 2018, 04: PM
That's the Corbyn Pixies MO......Utilise every positive action as though it were a masterplan, when in fact it's nothing more than doing what a decent council should be doing.

Central government are injecting some hefty money in road repairs, nowhere will the LabMob mention that fact, they will dress it up a prudent management by what we know as an imprudent ruling group.

On the positive side, despite the efforts of TOHP &The Grapevine FB Pages, an awful lot of people are all to aware of the wanton wastefulness of the labtor coalition....social media has opened the eyes of the voting public.
As the time for elections approach, they'll morph seamlessly with the new pretenders and bang the drum announcing their own pure genius at doing what your average council (anywhere else) does without the theatrics, because that's what they're supposed to do.
Can anyone explain to me why the 'Lump'  has to pop up to hog the lens every time a weed is sprayed. The Lump just gets in the way. Leave the real workers to get on with the job.

AndyHagon

Of course, IK.

And in terms of the 'real workers' actually getting some credit, are the local Labour Party actually being a bit disingenuous in their local Labour Manifesto. Their 'achievements' page (page 3) suggests it was Labour who achieved it all. I'm sure it was a result of the Council as a whole, and it's hard working Council Officers, rather than the Labour leadership? And I'm sure this page will feature in future leaflet drops too......

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: AndyHagon on October 30, 2018, 07: AM
Of course, IK.

And in terms of the 'real workers' actually getting some credit, are the local Labour Party actually being a bit disingenuous in their local Labour Manifesto. Their 'achievements' page (page 3) suggests it was Labour who achieved it all. I'm sure it was a result of the Council as a whole, and it's hard working Council Officers, rather than the Labour leadership? And I'm sure this page will feature in future leaflet drops too......

Doubt they'll feature this page - suspect it to be a total anathema to certain factions. After all, their attempts to 'influence' the Post didn't work quite the way they hoped. Anyway, we all know that the sun only rises and sets because of Labour's actions ...

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: AndyHagon on October 30, 2018, 07: AM
Of course, IK.

What a pity people can't distinguish the difference between the Council and the Councillors. Two separate bodies. I consider the Council as the employed workforce, the Councillors mere transitory Party plodders.
The Council serves the town, the Councillors serve their Party.
If Party politics were banned in local government, these people would gone second if they stood unopposed.
The chimp got elected because the electorate in my opinion had no respect for any of the established Party's. Rather than learn from that, they did it their way and look what we've got ::)