One thing I couldn't forgive the clowns for, ever.

Started by Inspector Knacker, October 15, 2018, 06: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Knacker

There's a its of things, but the one that boiled my blood was the cuts to bus subsidies, leaving those without cars stranded after tea time.
Our previous member was a critic of bus deregulation in the 80's. But never complained when the Blair government was in power which did nothing to alter the situation.
But to the point raised, why would a Labour Council take an action that would so affect the very people a Labour Council is there the help? Most North East Labour Councils didn't for a long time afterwards so this rush baffled me. Was it a case of let's remove the subsidy and blame the 'cuts' because we can? because I really can't see a valid reason for the rush to cut.
Public transport and out of town links are pretty poor to begin with, but sometimes the ad hoc housing developments springing up everywhere, increased car usage aided by an incoherent transport policy and a complete lack of planning for roads are going to lead to gridlock.
Presiding over planned chaos, oblivious to the town's decline, dwelling in a fluffy land where pixies and unicorns live, it's easy to lose touch with reality. If they ever were in touch in the first place.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.