Rift House Rec

Started by Inspector Knacker, October 14, 2018, 03: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Knacker

Drive past frequently and notice there are only four pitches with goals up, the others out of use. A sad sight for me compared to what it used to be.
Executive homes ?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

stokoe

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on October 14, 2018, 03: PM
Drive past frequently and notice there are only four pitches with goals up, the others out of use. A sad sight for me compared to what it used to be.
Executive homes ?

Yes think Lord elpus said watch this space about homes being built on the rec.

fred c

Planning permission for 100 houses on the top school site in Brierton Lane has been sought...... couple that with the new houses on the former site of Gardener House and there's the probability of another 200 cars using Brierton Lane and surrounding roads.......Eskdale, Masefield, Sinclair, Macauley and Marlow.

Considering the death defying problems of drivers already trying to access Catcote Road from those roads, when / if will the planning committee actually take that major problem into consideration.

There are already 20mph limits on Brierton Lane and Macauley Road that are completely ignored, will they try and justify granting planning permission by implementing 20mph limits on all the surrounding roads.

Common sense would dictate that until the access onto Catty Road is drastically improved, no further developments should be allowed.......I for 1 am not willing to have a bet on it.

Johnny Bongo

I wonder if the residents of Westbrooke Avenue, Ventnor Avenue and Kingsley Avenue are aware of the possibility of a new mini estate being built slap bang in the middle of their areas.  How would they react when faced with increased traffic, not to mention the disturbance for several months / years, if and when this project gets the ok!  Where will the football teams play on a weekend if their pitches are replaced by housing?  Does anyone actually know if HBC have any plans for selling said land?  Not that they'll tell us if they have!  Are there any covenants on recreational land that prevents it being sold off for development?  The Rec has been there for as long as I can remember....and that's a long time!  Maybe it's not used to its full capacity all the time....but it's a place where kids and adults alike can go and have a kick about, whenever they want!  No restrictions, no rules...just grass, exercise and fun!  Apart from the beach, where in Hartlepool is a larger wide open space for people to go and enjoy?  I'm just surprised that the Manor Lab Rats haven't (yet!) announced that the Rec will never be sold off and will always be for the Manor / Rift House Community!  A vote winner if ever I saw one, even if I came up with it!.  Bit slow on the uptake there Chris, eh ;).  If however, HBC (under the glorious leadership of CAB) decide to sell the Rec to developers, then I can only assume that the SCABs are moving house / towns / planets!  If they don't move, then life in Westbrooke Avenue will be rather stressful, I would have thought!  Anyway, it's all hypothetical at the moment.....so let's keep doffing our cap to CAB, SAB and the other LAB rats!  After all, we are but peasants! ::)

Inspector Knacker

I reckon the turnout for their self proclaimed Hartlepool Show ( I can't stop laughing at that label) is do pathetic they've decided to hold it in their back garden so the Rec is now irrelevant.
Seriously, green paces are becoming an endangered species in this town.
Bang the houses up, damn the consequences and who'll be around to take responsibility when the s**t hits the fan with considerable velocity?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.