clean up on the manor ward again

Started by jawsbbc, October 14, 2018, 10: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Knacker

It would be news if it wasn't happening. Like the tide, it's inevitable.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Bluenose

Am I mistaken is this what should be happening  as the normal  course of events - ie the maintenance of the  town you a elected to run. Oh  silly me its politics.
I cant wait till its my wards turn  so hopefully its comrade Carls' turn next

Owen Jones

Comrade Carl's ward have had their turn you must of missed it !!

Heknocks68

Wonder if could extend to Catcote Rd between Sitwell Wk and Brierton Ln (for one) advancing shrubbery pushing pedetrians toward the cycle path were a number of paths without lights these dark evenings have caused numerous near misses, a matter of time before an incident occurs, if there has not been one already. Lighting is not the best from above either. Still , keep safe and heathy everyone.

jawsbbc

Quote from: Bluenose on October 15, 2018, 01: PM
Am I mistaken is this what should be happening  as the normal  course of events - ie the maintenance of the  town you a elected to run. Oh  silly me its politics.
I cant wait till its my wards turn  so hopefully its comrade Carls' turn next
is it the norm?? our estate / area had the last clean up years ago so i cannot wait till its our turn, if it ever happens. we have no labour councillors so i,m not holding my breath most of us have to do it ourselves anyway

Heknocks68

"Do it ourselves" fair play to you, reminds me of years long gone by, specially this time of year with leaves falling, mother would be out there sweeping the gutters, clearing the grates of the leaves, into a bag or bucket, then spread them over the flower beds and trowel them in to rot and fertilize. Not just when the leaves fell did she sweep the front and back but other times too. It was different in them days, so different.

kevplumb

Quote from: Owen Jones on October 15, 2018, 04: PM
Comrade Carl's ward have had their turn you must of missed it !!
when was that cos i missed it as well
all they have done here is spray the back streets with weed killer and left the lot  ::)
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

mk1

Got to give them credit for admitting to  their faults..............

kevplumb

A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

Inspector Knacker

Here's a wild thought. Why not have a properly rotated cleaning programme for the WHOLE TOWNand stop these stupid allowances allowing these posers to go around like Lord and Lady Bountiful bringing gifts. It's pure unadulterated bo****ks.
Unless of course the constant supply of skips and cleaning sessions means they think the residents of their wards aren't very good at keeping their area clean? Surely not?

UnknownUser

When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you, you know your nation is doomed.

Ayn Rand

Lucy Lass-Tick

jeffh

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on October 17, 2018, 06: AM
Here's a wild thought. Why not have a properly rotated cleaning programme for the WHOLE TOWNand stop these stupid allowances allowing these posers to go around like Lord and Lady Bountiful bringing gifts. It's pure unadulterated bo****ks.
Unless of course the constant supply of skips and cleaning sessions means they think the residents of their wards aren't very good at keeping their area clean? Surely not?

Didn't Stuart Drummond operate such a scheme?

Inspector Knacker

There was a town wide scheme where skips were left on a regular basis.