labour councillors take note

Started by jawsbbc, October 16, 2018, 12: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jawsbbc

Pamela Hargreaves
11 October at 07:54
Long post alert 😂😂

So it's Election Day!! I didn't vote for Aileen Kendon last time she stood, why would I? I'd never met her, barely had a leaflet and I just couldn't bring myself to vote for a Labour candidate knowing they'd be another vote to prop up a shameful, dishonest, visionless group of Labour Councillors (not every Labour Councillor but those leading and controlling the Group and Council and those who put their hand up to support them). Vicious individuals who concern themselves with petty personal politics rather than the politics of change and driving Hartlepool forward for the next generation. So I voted for an Independent, who I've never seen since his election I might add and who turns out not to be so 'Independent' after all ☹️ And someone who was part of a 'group' of Councillors (there's that 'independence' gone again ☹️☹️) who proposed to take Hart Village out of the 'Hart Ward' for goodness sake 🙈

Since then I've met Aileen, discovered that the person advising her last time was none other than Stephen Akers-Belcher - so no wonder voters in Hart never met her - he told her 'not to bother'! I didn't really want to like Aileen, I'm still very angry at the Labour Party for its treatment of my husband and I - because we were truly 'independent' in thought and voice and they couldn't cope with it. She is however a warm and friendly lady who I've watched work tirelessly over the last 9 months or so to get out there and knock-on doors, listen to people's views, work hard to understand parts of the ward she didn't know as well as her native Bishop Cuthbert, where I discovered she's been a community activist and volunteer for years. But more than all of that she's been brave enough to nail her colours to the mast in terms of her dislike and disagreement of the current group of negative, ineffective, self-serving, greedy Labour Councillors (again, I mean those leading). I, more than anyone else, know what that can cost you on a personal level, for daring to speak out!! So I'm voting for Aileen this time because she IS an INDEPENDENT voice, she has her own views and she's prepared to back those up with hard graft for the benefit of the whole of the #Hart ward.

Those of you who know me, will know i take my vote very seriously indeed. Voting genuinely excites me - it's one of the most powerful things we do.

I absolutely do want change in this town so today I'm going to vote for it!! I'm voting for Aileen Kendon

Johnny Bongo

If Aileen Kendon is genuinely 'Independent', why didn't she campaign and actually stand AS AN INDEPENDENT?  What's the betting that IF she had have gained the seat, she would just be another nodding dog!  Will she stand next time in Hart ward?  Under the Labour brand?  Let's wait and see!

mk1

A revealing sentence by Pam:

''I'm still very angry at the Labour Party for its treatment of my husband and I''

I wonder why the person who wrote this about the useless bus-station:

Coun Pamela Hargreaves, Hartlepool Borough Council's regeneration and economic development portfolio-holder, said: "The interchange  will     provide   improved access to public transport for local people, making it easier  for them to take advantage of employment opportunities across the wider Tees Valley area.''

believes they make any more sense when recommending another Labour shill. Remember what happened last time (Katie) the Corbynites voted in someone who promised they would fight the internal corruption of the  local Labour Party?

Stig of the Seaton Dump

The husband has been flying the Labour flag quite a lot recently.
His facebook page ha more Labour party mentions than Jeremy Corbyn's page.
I do wonder what the plan is.
I don't believe it.

mk1

Quote from: Stig of the Seaton Dump on October 16, 2018, 02: PM
The husband has been flying the Labour flag quite a lot recently.
His facebook page ha more Labour party mentions than Jeremy Corbyn's page.
I do wonder what the plan is.

He believes he can slip back into his old position and regain his standing. However I doubt very much anyone who sticks up for Mandelson or speaks admiringly  of 'the third way' has any future in Corbinland.
I think Brash is being used as a useful idiot  by the new intake until such time as they get complete control of Local Labour. Once this happens Brash can expect the same as Harry-an unexpected  kick up the ar*se and out through the nearest open window!

Lucy Lass-Tick

Actually, I'm not too sure who's using who ...

kevplumb

Quote from: Lucy Lass-Tick on October 16, 2018, 03: PM
Actually, I'm not too sure who's using who ...
labour in this town is rotten
the lot in power are rotten
the lot that's trying to oust them is slightly less rotten but at the end of the day they are all p*ssing in the same pot >:(
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: jawsbbc on October 16, 2018, 12: PM
Pamela Hargreaves
11 October at 07:54
Long post alert 😂😂

So it's Election Day!! I didn't vote for Aileen Kendon last time she stood, why would I? I'd never met her, barely had a leaflet and I just couldn't bring myself to vote for a Labour candidate knowing they'd be another vote to prop up a shameful, dishonest, visionless group of Labour Councillors (not every Labour Councillor but those leading and controlling the Group and Council and those who put their hand up to support them). Vicious individuals who concern themselves with petty personal politics rather than the politics of change and driving Hartlepool forward for the next generation. So I voted for an Independent, who I've never seen since his election I might add and who turns out not to be so 'Independent' after all ☹️ And someone who was part of a 'group' of Councillors (there's that 'independence' gone again ☹️☹️) who proposed to take Hart Village out of the 'Hart Ward' for goodness sake 🙈

Since then I've met Aileen, discovered that the person advising her last time was none other than Stephen Akers-Belcher - so no wonder voters in Hart never met her - he told her 'not to bother'! I didn't really want to like Aileen, I'm still very angry at the Labour Party for its treatment of my husband and I - because we were truly 'independent' in thought and voice and they couldn't cope with it. She is however a warm and friendly lady who I've watched work tirelessly over the last 9 months or so to get out there and knock-on doors, listen to people's views, work hard to understand parts of the ward she didn't know as well as her native Bishop Cuthbert, where I discovered she's been a community activist and volunteer for years. But more than all of that she's been brave enough to nail her colours to the mast in terms of her dislike and disagreement of the current group of negative, ineffective, self-serving, greedy Labour Councillors (again, I mean those leading). I, more than anyone else, know what that can cost you on a personal level, for daring to speak out!! So I'm voting for Aileen this time because she IS an INDEPENDENT voice, she has her own views and she's prepared to back those up with hard graft for the benefit of the whole of the #Hart ward.

Those of you who know me, will know i take my vote very seriously indeed. Voting genuinely excites me - it's one of the most powerful things we do.

I absolutely do want change in this town so today I'm going to vote for it!! I'm voting for Aileen Kendon
Reads like the script of a landfill paperback. As sickly as a bowl of hot fudge.
Looks like somebody must want to return to the fold and warm bosom of the party.
All boxes ticked and a glowing tribute to St Aileen, a political collossus. Who just lost.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.