A New Dawn ?

Started by Stig of the Seaton Dump, October 08, 2018, 03: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stig of the Seaton Dump

HCLP have released a video on Facebook promising the world.
New candidates, fight for jobs, openness, transparency.
Sorry I can't figure out a link.

All the things that must be a kick in the teeth to the current leadership.

Do we believe it ?
I don't believe it.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quite frankly, no. Some of those involved in the rising group may be well meaning but there are some names that have much more negative connotations.

mk1

https://www.facebook.com/hartlepoollabourparty/videos/2043844065925705/?__xts__
  • =68.ARDlCrIHZchMsJXpibLp7oHvZ4Baj69MYihFpO4w3vgEv76OUhuLgDQRMKjR880mQPKmmFNJ0vkKNa9lcWBiNoE89bEDyTfseMEDGOpPD1wJKBot_aF3leYoG2X0Y-LwzVZ5bBpzXM7qeHBC25z2UwAPu_gJcyDSQA4-BpfD1FUqMLJ-KED8ng&__tn__=-R

mk1

No mention of the Council 'Leader' who is so successful he has been nominated for a national award.  Why is that?
I note the  claims in that film are the same claims made by Katie last year. When she won her Facebook page was full of praise from Tom/Doc/Paddy etc who hailed her as a harbinger of change.  As soon as Katie got her foot in the door she went completely native. Took the money, did everything the Leader told her and vanished from the Ward. Now busy building herself a platform on National issues completely unrelated to anything local.   This set of talking heads are no different.

jeffh

Interesting that whilst they are criticising the behaviour of the present incumbants and the 30% rise they awarded themselves, the Tooting Tornado didn't actually vote against it - he abstained.

It is also good to see them saying that Transparency & Accountability is needed but they didn't specifically mention public questioning - if we remember a couple of weeks ago they were saying that public questioning would be returning, but in the last half of the last sentence of the motion basically said that all questions would be vetted by the Labour Council - which isn't a return to how it used to be.

Personally I would like to see an Independent led council with an enquiry into what's going on at the moment, especially into Rift House - a new Labour led council would never approve that

Just out of interest did anybody ever find out why Raymondo did a runner?

fred c

We have heard it before, same messages, different voices.....I had to chuckle when Transparency, Accountability and Openness were mentioned........

I attended the Finance and Policy meeting this morning, The last item to be discussed was something to do with the appointment of a new senior legal officer..........

I don't know any more than that.....because members of the public and press were excluded from the chamber under the 'Pink Paper' policy......

Stig of the Seaton Dump

Quote from: fred c on October 08, 2018, 05: PM
We have heard it before, same messages, different voices.....I had to chuckle when Transparency, Accountability and Openness were mentioned........

I attended the Finance and Policy meeting this morning, The last item to be discussed was something to do with the appointment of a new senior legal officer..........

I don't know any more than that.....because members of the public and press were excluded from the chamber under the 'Pink Paper' policy......

...is that to hide why Devlin left ?

Yes bags full off openness, transparency etc.

I wonder if this new era is in response to Ben Houchen delivering rather than talking.
With blue labour Ray gone are they feeling threatened ?
I don't believe it.

fred c

I notice that the 'movers and shakers' of the reconfigured the HCLP didn't take to the silver screen, it seems to me that we could end up with a new ruling system.....currently, when CAB shouts s**t they all jump on the shovel and vote 'For'

Under the new system we will have a couple of Oh Jeremy punters shouting s**t and they all jump on the shovel and shout 'For'

mk1

Note Paddy is ambling through that great white elephant delivered when  Brash ('New' Corbyn Brash and not the old 'Mandelson' Brash) was running the show. The 'Bus Station with no busses'. A bus station opened by his good wife who gushed large about the magnificent opportunities that would be delivered.

Coun Pamela Hargreaves, Hartlepool Borough Council's regenration and economic development portfolio-holder, said: "The interchange  will     provide   improved access to public transport for local people, making it easier  for them to take advantage of employment opportunities across the wider Tees Valley area.''
    Experts say people in Hartlepool  can enjoy widened travel choices thanks to the project while outsiders will get an improved image of Hartlepool when they arrive. The interchange will also capitalise on planned rail services improvements on the Durham Coast Line between Middlesbrough and Newcastle.

Not one single claim she made came even close to realisation. It was all bollocks and she knew when she was saying it that it was bollocks but she still said it.

Oh and in case you think only the SCAB Council (as opposed to a 'real' Labour Council) would write of a business debts of a £300,000  read this from Nov 11 2002

SRMoore

Quote from: fred c on October 08, 2018, 05: PM

Genuinely nothing being hidden, Fred. The appointments were all in the public papers you had. Meeting went into closed session as I asked questions relating to the financial side which was on pink papers so couldn't be discussed publicly.

fred c

Nothing hidden Shane..... Apart from........"questions relating to the financial side which was on pink papers so couldn't be discussed publicly"

I vividly remember they couldn't disclose financial details of the Cafe in the Crem......At the time it was losing £20k plus a year over 3 years.

SRMoore

Without giving details and getting into trouble - Proposal saved money. That's the short answer to my questions on the subject.

fred c

Shane...I appreciate the fact you are bound by the oath of castration by pink paper however.... my point is, why the need for secrecy what happened to the councils openness, transparency and accountability boasts.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: Stig of the Seaton Dump on October 08, 2018, 03: PM
HCLP have released a video on Facebook promising the world.
New candidates, fight for jobs, openness, transparency.
Sorry I can't figure out a link.

All the things that must be a kick in the teeth to the current leadership.

Do we believe it ?
It's all just a political dance of the seven veils. After a lot of drawn out promise, nothing is revealed, just another 'veil'.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Bluenose

The pink paper item if it saves money  I think would be the beginning of  either a shard legal service  or a shared chief solicitor  between  some of or all of the neighboring authorities