It brought smiles to the house.

Started by Inspector Knacker, October 05, 2018, 07: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Knacker

I acquired a copy of the Foggy Furze Ward Councillor update and the compulsory 'My Cafe' menu alongside it. There's the picture of the Three Caballeros on the front  Cranney, He who must be obeyed and what on my photocopied sheet looks like an anaemic Jabba the Hutt?
There's an article on the 'success' of the Waterfront Festival and the Hartlepool Town Show (aka Rift House Rec Burgerfest and guess the weight of the Councillor Festival) which were apparently attended by thousands. Whatever.
Under their 'Local Events' banner there's a a 'COMIC-CON' event from '10pm to 4pm'..? at the Belle Vue Centre. What that is, I have no idea, but the opening times are a puzzle.
And that was just about it. Something that did catch my eye was in the small piece on 'Street Cleanliness',  with their '10 additional seasonal cleaning operatives' and 10 apprentices. Apprentices for what?
Apprenticeships used to be 4 years long related to a craft now it's slapped onto anything, so employers can claim they're providing 'apprenticeships' which once meant something substantial, now we get them in shelf stacking. 
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Heknocks68

Perhaps the clue lies in the event title, who knows. Comic capers abound in these parts. A lot you could not script.

mk1

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on October 05, 2018, 07: AM

Under their 'Local Events' banner there's a a 'COMIC-CON' event from '10pm to 4pm'..? at the Belle Vue Centre. What that is, I have no idea,

It is one of the few times the hikikomori leave their bedrooms. Instead of  criticising you should be pleased to see these people are finally getting (at least for a few hours) into the sunlight instead of pandering to their Panchira fetish behind permanently closed curtains.

Carl Richardson is really into the genre and has announced he is attending. He has borrowed a cosplay costume from the SCABs, one of Mad Dogs wigs and Doc Potholes dog for the occasion and is going as his favourite character from 'The Fifth Element'.
This teaser from his Facebook page..............

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: mk1 on October 13, 2018, 06: PM
Quote from: Inspector Knacker on October 05, 2018, 07: AM

Under their 'Local Events' banner there's a a 'COMIC-CON' event from '10pm to 4pm'..? at the Belle Vue Centre. What that is, I have no idea,

It is one of the few times the hikikomori leave their bedrooms. Instead of  criticising you should be pleased to see these people are finally getting (at least for a few hours) into the sunlight instead of pandering to their Panchira fetish behind permanently closed curtains.

:D

Inspector Knacker

This has got me thinking, a point so obvious but never noticed before. They do live in their own detached little world's surrounding themselves with little outposts of Empire where they can sit safely amongst their own lackeys and acolytes avoiding coming out into the big world.

Inspector Knacker

They're out again today, posting the same leaflet again. Someone press the wrong number on the photocopier?