CAB & sidekick up for honours?

Started by Lucy Lass-Tick, October 03, 2018, 03: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny Bongo

How about CAB being shortlisted for Leech of the Year or Parasite of the Year.  In fact, pick a word that describes him / his personality and then stick 'of the Year' on the end!   What about Narcissist of the Year?  Maybe Katie Trueman nominated him as a joke.....is it possible that she's a 'double agent'?   

Inspector Knacker

What sums this all up for me is someone continually whining on about the repeated cuts to council income swanning about in a top range convertible sports car with personalised plates whilst awarding themselves a 30% rise in expenses.
What fools do they take us for?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

fred c

If the various rumours I hear are correct, we could well be looking at the next council tax increase being in excess of last years 4.9%

Disgruntled voter

Hartlepool  should be up for an award ! An award for always giving people a chance, a place the incompetent and workshy can thrive !! Just look at our council leaders ...they run the council like a live action satire of small town politics!

pieface

Quote from: Owen Jones on October 03, 2018, 07: PM
Quote from: Bluenose on October 03, 2018, 05: PM
i would be more interested in seeing the nomination information- who nominated him and why
Katie Trueman was their nominee

And will she pay the expenses incurred for the trip to the great ceremony... Nope us council tax payers will be lumbered with yet another unnecessary expense

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: pieface on October 04, 2018, 09: PM

And will she pay the expenses incurred for the trip to the great ceremony... Nope us council tax payers will be lumbered with yet another unnecessary expense
Oh no, forgot about that. Will there be a massive mediaeval baggage train leaving the town with musicians playing and jesters amusing the adoring crowds as Hartlepool's very own Sun God departs his kingdom waving to his adoring subjects with Guinevere alongside furiously writing his acceptance speech in golden crayon. Street party's will be feverishly organised to welcome the mighty leader back from his victory in distant lands and the people will weep with joy.
That said, me and my brother buried our Guinea pig as kids and the late chubby cheeked carrot gnasher probably has more chance of winning.

rabbit

It's a shame that Theresa May danced in with " Dancing Queen" by Abba thus beating CAB to it.

How about "I have a dream" for a second choice?

That should give him a good chance of winning the prize and dancing out with " The winner takes it all"

Bye suckers.

jeffh

Quote from: rabbit on October 05, 2018, 05: PM
It's a shame that Theresa May danced in with " Dancing Queen" by Abba thus beating CAB to it.

That should give him a good chance of winning the prize and dancing out with " The winner takes it all"

Bye suckers.
Let's not forget Money, Money, Money

jeffh

What I find annoying about this is the Mail portrays Akers-Belcher as Thomas as public servants carrying out their onerous tasks to benefit the town - they are doing it for one reason and one reason only - financial gain

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: jeffh on October 05, 2018, 05: PM
Quote from: rabbit on October 05, 2018, 05: PM

Bye suckers.
Let's not forget Money, Money, Money
Or, Gimme, gimme, gimme.

mk1

https://www.facebook.com/katie.trueman.180/posts/309427666511383

Note who liked Katie's post. The usual gaggle of sycophantic fart-catching close friends & family members, rigged radio competition organisers and the  favourite auditor of Councilors running a scam CIC.

No likes from Tom, Andy SimmsDan, Julie  etc. I wonder why?

fred c

No surprises with Multi Ward Marshall & Ex Cllr Clarke sucking up to the SCABMOB......

Inspector Knacker

Just what exactly have they 'lead' ?
A couple of pompous egos collect together a motley crew of nodding dogs and sycophants who could only be elected by the system whereby they get the party vote, otherwise they'd be unelectable.

What have they achieved? I see nothing. It's been like watching flower arrangers on the Titanic. Fussing and bitching over fripperies and the utterly irrelevant while the ship's sinking into obscurity. Jobs?????  Forget that, they tinker with toy projects and joyously celebrate the opening of some shop that brings half a dozen part time jobs. Nothing happens on the jobs front of any real value, it 's like the town is being run by a team of not very good window dressers using sack cloth for curtains with the sum total of nowt to display in the window.
They have presided over the biggest decline in the town I've seen in my life, closures of services once thought unimaginable and stood there as bystanders. Did they put up a fight? Not to my knowledge, they held there hands up in abject surrender. Even their much trumpted 'Vision' was more mirage, on the horizon but disappeared every time you got near to it.
Their period in charge will always be what I'd call the 'Wilderness years', a time of stagnation covered in thin veneer of cheap lacklustre glitter.

Call Me Al

Pound to a penny he wrote the nomination himself and the girl just had to endorse it.
I had the misfortune to have to work around these people in a previous role. They're nice to you when they need your help and support, but the knives come out when you can't give them the results or answers that they need.
As for the towns first couple, one is thick as ..... The other has slightly more intelligence which makes him the more dangerous.
Let's sincerely hope it's a wasted journey to the awards night.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: Call Me Al on October 06, 2018, 07: AM

Let's sincerely hope it's a wasted journey to the awards night.
Surely to win you'd need a record of achievement, what have they achieved. Sadly for them, Vision, delusions, mirages, whatever they call them, hardly qualify.