pie and pea in aid of the rifty

Started by jawsbbc, September 14, 2018, 02: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jawsbbc

My Cafe
11 September at 14:09 ·
Join us for pie and pea supper in aid of the Rifty Youth Project.
Saturday 22nd September at my cafe.
Tickets are only £3.
Call into the centre and buy your tickets in advance. also taking bookings for christmas dinners book before nov and only pay £10.50 instead of £13
My Cafe
We hire our cafe and main hall out for private functions, charity nights, family gatherings and children's parties. Call in and speak to Stephen or Lewis for more details.
https://www.facebook.com/mycafeHartlepool/?hc_ref=ARTLPQGuf4RAnLlOAdHqNcfshoBK1Q-hz8xgJTBifyFSZIe6tG7rop0YwO09wQ1jnYg&fref=nf&__xts__
  • =68.ARD1

Inspector Knacker

After the shock of the pic of the brown things nestling on top of what was in my opinion the worst salad presentation of the year 1958, I wandered around their world online and saw that they now have a main hall for bigger functions. Is the empire expanding or have they taken even more of the ommunity centre into their livng embrace?
Anyone know what the 'brown things'  are?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

diSme

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on September 14, 2018, 03: PM
After the shock of the pic of the brown things nestling on top of what was in my opinion the worst salad presentation of the year 1958, I wandered around their world online and saw that they now have a main hall for bigger functions. Is the empire expanding or have they taken even more of the ommunity centre into their livng embrace?
Anyone know what the 'brown things'  are?

Junior MasterChef springs to mind...
I believe everything and nothing

Lucy Lass-Tick

I've not seen such an unappetising meal outside my old school dining hall ... what, indeed, are those brown things?

diSme

Quote from: Lucy Lass-Tick on September 14, 2018, 04: PM
I've not seen such an unappetising meal outside a school dining hall. What, indeed, are those brown things?

I can't make my mind up whether they are potatoes, or some type of aubergine or squash....

Regardless,, grey and brown combined doesn't usually make for a particularly appetising combo... And don't get me started on the 'salad'. My 6yr old daughter can put together a better 'salad' than that
I believe everything and nothing

crisstw

Is my Cafe part of the Rifty youth project or is it a separate entity altogether, just ran by the same individual ?

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: crisstw on September 14, 2018, 04: PM
Is my Cafe part of the Rifty youth project or is it a separate entity altogether, just ran by the same individual ?

The latter, I believe.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: diSme on September 14, 2018, 04: PM
I've not seen such an unappetising meal outside a school dining hall. What, indeed, are those brown things?

I can't make my mind up whether they are potatoes, or some type of aubergine or squash....

Regardless,, grey and brown combined doesn't usually make for a particularly appetising combo... And don't get me started on the 'salad'. My 6yr old daughter can put together a better 'salad' than that

On closer inspection, suspect they may be potato wedges.  There's an old folk tale in catering circles that yesterday's left over jacket potato can be miraculously transformed with the aid of a knife and a deep fat fryer ... true alchemy.

Inspector Knacker

On closer inspection, suspect they may be potato wedges. 
Well they've been wedged somewhere! I assumed it was 'muskrat surprise'.

mk1

Do you think SAB will be opening an eatery in the new Church Street? I am sure a Bistro would be a magnet for the budget-conscious epicure!

kevplumb

Quote from: mk1 on September 14, 2018, 05: PM
Do you think SAB will be opening an eatery in the new Church Street? I am sure a Bistro would be a magnet for the budget-conscious epicure!
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

Inspector Knacker

If it was on the south side of the street out of the sunlight, you could call it ........The Shadey. Or maybe not?

mk1

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on September 14, 2018, 06: PM
If it was on the south side of the street out of the sunlight, you could call it ........The Shadey. Or maybe not?
Well given their penchant for conning others to do unpaid work  they could  use the 'eritage angle and call it the

kevplumb

jeez that brings back some memories :D
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment