Council Meeting

Started by Lucy Lass-Tick, September 13, 2018, 05: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fred c

How about nothing....zero, zip, nada, zilch, diddly, nuthin, jack, sweet FA...

diSme

Quote from: DRiddle on September 15, 2018, 01: PM
By the way, any predictions into the outcome of an investigation into Marjorie James telling two other councillors to "ffoookk right off" even though there's a crystal clear audio recording of her doing it?

'carpet' 'sweep' and 'under' are the three main words that spring to mind...
I believe everything and nothing

kevplumb

Quote from: diSme on September 15, 2018, 06: PM
By the way, any predictions into the outcome of an investigation into Marjorie James telling two other councillors to "ffoookk right off" even though there's a crystal clear audio recording of her doing it?

as long as it is the right  colour :D
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

DRiddle

In all my years of being aware of such complaints this 'verdict' is up there with any other in terms of it being utterly ridiculous. I don't blame the officers involved, I get why they can't/won't do anything, but even so, this one's a classic.

Basically the independents got blamed for goading SAB and Mad dog into telling us to f*c* off. The investigating officer opted NOT to ask for a copy of the recording of Mad dog barking f*c* as they claimed it would not assist them in establishing why the situation developed as it did.

Lastly, independents were warned that if the recording found its way into the public domain that could be (a) illegal and (b) a breach of the councillors code of conduct.

So there you go. A new low in the reign of the SCAB clan. It's NOT a breach of the councils code of conduct to tell another councillor to f*c* off, but it MIGHT be if you release a recording if them doing so.

Only in Hartlepool.

fred c

mk1

Quote from: DRiddle on September 15, 2018, 08: PM

Lastly, independents were warned that if the recording found its way into the public domain that could be (a) illegal and (b) a breach of the councillors code of conduct.

If a copy ever lands in my hands it will be 'published'.

Lord Elpus

Quote from: DRiddle on September 15, 2018, 08: PM
In all my years of being aware of such complaints this 'verdict' is up there with any other in terms of it being utterly ridiculous. I don't blame the officers involved, I get why they can't/won't do anything, but even so, this one's a classic.

Basically the independents got blamed for goading SAB and Mad dog into telling us to f*c* off. The investigating officer opted NOT to ask for a copy of the recording of Mad dog barking f*c* as they claimed it would not assist them in establishing why the situation developed as it did.

So there you go. A new low in the reign of the SCAB clan. It's NOT a breach of the councils code of conduct to tell another councillor to f*c* off, but it MIGHT be if you release a recording if them doing so.

Only in Hartlepool.

Funny that because I got called to appear before Stubbs and Develin for telling the odious little t*a* Ray Wells to 'fook right off' after one council meeting.  He demanded an apology, he didn't get it.

Inspector Knacker

Their ingrained first line of defence is to deny everything. If you asked them the time they'd deny they had a watch and then want to know why you wanted to to know anyway!
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

jawsbbc

Quote from: diSme on September 15, 2018, 06: PM

how right you were DISME  THIS IS FROM SEPT

Disgruntled voter

Has the delightful Marjorie been deselected yet?

jeffh

We'll need to wait until 2022 for that delight

fred c

If a recording of the FO offence somehow made its way into the possession of a number of civic minded residents it would make its way onto a social media platform without a doubt......Quite how HBC could institute disciplinary action against anyone least of all a councillor, ex- councillor or a member of the public is beyond me.

jawsbbc

Quote from: fred c on October 19, 2018, 03: PM
If a recording of the FO offence somehow made its way into the possession of a number of civic minded residents it would make its way onto a social media platform without a doubt......Quite how HBC could institute disciplinary action against anyone least of all a councillor, ex- councillor or a member of the public is beyond me.
it did fred and SOMEONE made a complaint and was warned if it appeared you would be taken to court ect ect ect