Council Meeting

Started by Lucy Lass-Tick, September 13, 2018, 05: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucy Lass-Tick

The first meeting since the summer break is tonight at 7p.m.

fred c

The 1st Full Council Meeting of the year......and it lasted exactly 19 minutes, yeah a full 19 minutes.....Local Democracy in action.  :-\

Inspector Knacker

Maybe their attention span ain't what it used to be, which that wasn't much to begin with unless it involved a camera or a mirror.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

jawsbbc

Quote from: fred c on September 14, 2018, 08: AM
The 1st Full Council Meeting of the year......and it lasted exactly 19 minutes, yeah a full 19 minutes.....Local Democracy in action.  :-\
anything of importance  decided  fred  ;)

fred c

Not really discussions on seating arrangements ie. Independent group to move to the front row of the opposition benches, so there's a possibility of the tory group sitting in the back row.....also new big screen tv's so the plebs can see better.

diSme

https://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/hartlepool-council-vote-against-6-500-meeting-chamber-changes-1-9349928

I'm pretty sure you guys will read into this article as much as I have...

The "smoother than ever" quote boiled my p*ss a bit

Edit: also, I've been meaning to mention, anybody who has trouble accessing Hartlepool Mail articles due to the stupid restrictions that have recently been imposed, if you want to view the mail website without having to worry about registering, use a webproxy.

I personally use - https://hidester.com/proxy/

although there are many others available which do the same thing
I believe everything and nothing

Inspector Knacker

An oily comment of Uriah Heep proportions. Loved the comment by 'jeeves' that there were an 'estimated' 10 complaints. Was there 10 complaints or not? I can see someone using 'estimated' if there were hundreds or even thousands, but for 10?

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on September 14, 2018, 05: PM
An oily comment of Uriah Heep proportions. Loved the comment by 'jeeves' that there were an 'estimated' 10 complaints. Was there 10 complaints or not? I can see someone using 'estimated' if there were hundreds or even thousands, but for 10?

More than ten would have meant taking their shoes off ... ?

kevplumb

Quote from: Lucy Lass-Tick on September 14, 2018, 06: PM
Quote from: Inspector Knacker on September 14, 2018, 05: PM
An oily comment of Uriah Heep proportions. Loved the comment by 'Jeeves' that there were an 'estimated' 10 complaints. Was there 10 complaints or not? I can see someone using 'estimated' if there were hundreds or even thousands, but for 10?

More than ten would have meant taking their shoes off...?

there is another one of those but I ain't posting it  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

Hubris

Ah! The wit and wisdom of the ever fragrant Ms. Marshall.
Shouldn't anyone who trots out the phrase "Over the moon" in a press interview be encouraged away from holding public office ......just on principle? (or maybe she thinks she's a 70's football manager)
And as for our Deary-me leader's stance that meetings have recently been much calmer and respectful......nothing to do with the fact that D.R. is not there to keep them honest, and the barring of inveterate, incorrigible trouble makers ( b.t.w....are you allowed back in there yet Fred C? Hope so.)
Like said above - 19 minutes of waffle.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: Hubris on September 14, 2018, 07: PM
Ah! The wit and wisdom of the ever fragrant Ms. Marshall.
Shouldn't anyone who trots out the phrase "Over the moon" in a press interview be encouraged away from holding public office ......just on principle? (or maybe she thinks she's a 70's football manager)
Maybe it's because she's suffering from a cross between shock and elation that like a desperate electoral bride left standing at the altar she finally got elected ?

fred c

"We must sort audio out but I don't feel we need to use expenditure for half a dozen complaints made over audio fails."

During many a council meeting I often wondered what was going through the Dear Leaders mind, with his quote about "half a dozen complaints" I now know.......nothing absolutely nothing, since he became leader there have been umpteen complaints and I mean umpteen,

He is one of the biggest culprits, he often holds papers between his moi and the mic, his voice gradually becomes quieter, not to mention his annunciation.....It's always someone else's fault, in this case, yet again it's the publics for having 'hearing problems'

Coun Ann Marshall said: "I'm over the moon with how it is set up now"

As for Ms Marshall being "over the moon"......hahahahahahahaha

DRiddle

They've definitely improved in terms of respect. I mean, it's been a while since I saw the chair call a member of the public fat, like SCAB did. It's been a while since anyone literally fell asleep in a meeting. It's also been a while since the deputy mayor asked a pensioner if he'd slept with her. It's been a while since a former mayor stood up and told an absolute full on out and out lie in a meeting. It's also been a while since the committee chair was caught out being economical with the truth about the crown estate. It's also definitely been a while since one councillor had to be held back from hitting another by two senior officers. Then of course there's the councillor who told members of the public "I don't need you're shitty votes". Yup, respect now flows freely in council meetings.

However, it's also worth knowing that FINALLY the council has gotten around to investigating TWO Labour councillors telling another to "F@ck off!" in the members lounge.

It amazes me how there are reportedly some within the labour ranks that think it was ME that disrupted the flow of council meetings. All I did was cause some of their members masks to slip and reveal their true colours.

We still have a situation where 5 or 6 of the Labour group are scum who aren't fit for public office. You can arrange to seats in a million different positions or turn the volume up louder than a Rolling Stones concert.

They'll still be scum.

Hey Ho.

fred c

Quote from: DRiddle on September 15, 2018, 09: AM
They've definitely improved in terms of respect. I mean, it's been a while since I saw the chair call a member of the public fat, like SCAB did. It's been a while since anyone literally fell asleep in a meeting. It's also been a while since the deputy mayor asked a pensioner if he'd slept with her. It's been a while since a former mayor stood up and told an absolute full on out and out lie in a meeting. It's also been a while since the committee chair was caught out being economical with the truth about the crown estate. It's also definitely been a while since one councillor had to be held back from hitting another by two senior officers. Then of course there's the councillor who told members of the public "I don't need you're shitty votes". Yup, respect now flows freely in council meetings.

However, it's also worth knowing that FINALLY the council has gotten around to investigating TWO Labour councillors telling another to "F@ck off!" in the members lounge.

It amazes me how there are reportedly some within the labour ranks that think it was ME that disrupted the flow of council meetings. All I did was cause some of their members masks to slip and reveal their true colours.

We still have a situation where 5 or 6 of the Labour group are scum who aren't fit for public office. You can arrange to seats in a million different positions or turn the volume up louder than a Rolling Stones concert.

They'll still be scum.

Hey Ho.

Can't fault a word of that......Apart from missing out on Cranneys "Wifebeater" comment...... and the Workshy description of a number of them.

DRiddle

By the way, any predictions into the outcome of an investigation into Marjorie James telling two other councillors to "ffoookk right off" even though there's a crystal clear audio recording of her doing it?