are any of these projects still up and running

Started by jawsbbc, September 09, 2018, 09: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jawsbbc

The Belle Vue Youth Project, Central Correctors, Hartlepool Young Carers, NYPD (Nurturing Young People's Development), The Phoenix Funsters, The Rifty Youth Project and The Wharton Annexe.

Outgoing ceremonial mayor helped raise £118,000 for Hartlepool ...
https://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/.../outgoing-ceremonial-mayor-helped-raise-118-00...
1 Jun 2015 - Outgoing Hartlepool Ceremonial Mayor Stephen Akers-Belcher raised over ... In 2012-13 he supported The Belle Vue Youth Project, Central Correctors, Hartlepool Young Carers, NYPD (Nurturing Young People's Development), The Phoenix Funsters, The Rifty Youth Project and The Wharton Annexe.

kevplumb

wharton annexe is still going I renewed my CSCS card there
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

Inspector Knacker

How many of these 'organisations' are there? It must be Hartlepools biggest growth sector in the last 20 years.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

fred c

The awarding of CIC grants should certainly be looked into including a review of previous contracts, would any private investor stump up £680,000 to a company that had a director who had been banned from holding directorships by a judge, I seriously doubt it ?

Inspector Knacker

I don't think the recipients of such grants should have any connection with the awarding body. There should be a clear demarcation line. Politicians should have no connection in any form with the recipient of such grants.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Bluenose

Just reflects the growth of the third sector positions  filled by volunteers, rather than  any determined plan to get business or jobs into the town