New hotel

Started by rabbit, August 14, 2018, 07: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rabbit

https://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/two-operators-bidding-to-open-high-end-hotel-in-hartlepool-1-9300893

Could this be a Stockton type arrangement?

Seems as though a number of councils around the country own or are involved somehow with hotels or other properties, with the aim to provide an income.

The theory is to boost council funds.

Lucy Lass-Tick

This hotel business has been simmering away for so long that its probably featured in Bradshaws.

kevplumb

Quote from: CABHe said: "We need to get that infrastructure in place and support anything that will increase tourism for the regeneration of the area.
why not with trying to get the infrastructure in place to run the town first
like the litter?
like the dogs*It?
like the crime?
instead of spending the taxpayers hard earned on your pie in the sky schemes
if it is such a good deal the council should jump in and have a punt with their own money, not ours

A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

fred c

Still the same ole same ole.......No names no pack drill no details seems to be the continuing mantra from the visibly ageing leader, could it be the stresses and strains of a possible leadership challenge and the prospect of a serious drop in income taking there toll. ?

rabbit

Yes it might be paid in the sky, but when a council funded hotel was proposed in Stockton there were plenty of doubts, but the brains gave the go-ahead anyway.

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/14509691.Confidential_papers_on_the_proposed_council-owned_Stockton_Hilton_handed_to_The_Echo/

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: rabbit on August 14, 2018, 08: PM
Yes it might be paid in the sky, but when a council funded hotel was proposed in Stockton there were plenty of doubts, but the brains gave the go-ahead anyway.

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/14509691.Confidential_papers_on_the_proposed_council-owned_Stockton_Hilton_handed_to_The_Echo/

Could the pertinent word be 'brains'?

Inspector Knacker

This isn't news, it's the vision dragged out, dusted down,  selling the same old cr*p fairy tale.
It's obviously time to try and woo the dimmer end of the electorate.
The launch he's trying to flog is just that, a small boat, not a crowd attraction.
The rest is just the same old, same old.
As for tho hotel, try telling us who the contestants are because until then I can hardly take it seriously.
Nothing new here to see, move along please.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

mr ben

what sort of high flying people would  come here to go to the high end hotel and what for ?  industry  ? no thats done and dusted . The marine ?  no thats got the entertainment  factor for a few hhttp://hptimbral.hartlepoolpost.co.uk/Smileys/default/tongue.gifours until the parking charges run out .  slave labour  could drag a few firms in to the town knowing  most people are on low wages !!! or they could have a nice walk around the town looking at the one legged zobies  smack out of there heads  feeding off  us all .  I think the only attraction this town has is the dumb council . 

crisstw

Exactly. Stockton has lots of big businesses on their doorstep. Durham University, Teesside airport, better transport links etc. They have a need for a decent high class hotel that isn't in Yarm, Hartlepool does not!

Stig of the Seaton Dump

Could it be Dignitas expanding into the UK ?
(f**ty food instead of an injection.)   
I don't believe it.

Inspector Knacker

I don't even know what you're getting excited about, I'll believe it when I see the building start.
As for accomodation, people staying for a do told us they had a job getting booked into The Premier as it's apparently one of their most popular locations.

Stockton is just like Hartlepool, get a real good look round it. I suspect their disatrous High Street re-vamp of a bare wind swept open space with 'performance areas' was the model for the Church Street re-model.
Hartlepool is as it is because it's been run by the same political nodding dogs for years.
It'll continue till some of the electorate come out of their coma and dump political party's  in local government. People first, not a Party.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

fred c

How ludicrous is it for the LabMob to spend another £1.4 million on the site, a linear park, an events space, planted areas and sculptures.....A complete waste of money, that fact alone highlights the lack of probability of 2 hotel operators turning up out of the fug that clouds the brains of the visionaries.

Grumblstiltskin

I hear they can offer the successful bidder very good business rates....Let it build up to 300k+ and we'll make it disappear :-(