the rifty is it a charity or is it not ?

Started by jawsbbc, August 13, 2018, 02: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Topcat

Shane ,my point was not to dig at individual members but to question why a committee chairman should be able to be so generous with public money to an organisation that he is heavily involved with.Are the regen. and neighborhood committee equally as generous with other organisations?

SRMoore

And that's a very fair question to ask.

fred c

Quote from: SRMoore on September 26, 2018, 01: PM
And that's a very fair question to ask.

Shane I know I am preaching to the converted but what boils mine and many others urine is being unable to get answers to question that involve labmob councillors, we all know what happened with MRA & WCNE and who was connected to those and other councillor connected organisations.

I tried to get an answer from a senior council officer about any payments that maybe required for rent / utilities etc etc for the cafe that operates within the Masefield Centre......No reasonable reply was forthcoming.... :-\

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: fred c on September 26, 2018, 05: PM

I tried to get an answer from a senior council officer about any payments that maybe required for rent / utilities etc etc for the cafe that operates within the Masefield Centre......No reasonable reply was forthcoming.... :-\
But, if they are paying rent and utilities for the use of the business, the council must know. We should be told the costs of rent and utilities for the premises, because this is of no commercial benefit to anyone unless of course a full market rent is not being charged or the full cost of utilities being paid.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

pieface

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on September 26, 2018, 07: AM
Quote from: Johnny Bongo on September 24, 2018, 09: PM

12/10/2017   Regen & Neighbourhood Services   The Rifty Youth Project   Coach Trip Kynren Contribution    £25.00    
12/10/2017   Regen & Neighbourhood Services   The Rifty Youth Project   Coach Trip Kynren Contribution    £25.00    
12/10/2017   Regen & Neighbourhood Services   The Rifty Youth Project   Coach Trip Kynren Contribution    £50.00    
12/10/2017   Regen & Neighbourhood Services   The Rifty Youth Project   Coach Trip Kynren Contribution    £50.00    
12/10/2017   Regen & Neighbourhood Services   The Rifty Youth Project   Coach Trip Kynren Contribution    £100.00    

Why multiple applications on the same day for the same purpose instead of one larger grant?

Looks suspiciously like HBC paid for 13 kynren tickets and a private minibus as they couldn't all fit into the HBC1 limo?? Was there a drinks bill granted too

Inspector Knacker

But why multiple applications when one application would have sufficed ?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

jawsbbc

Quote from: pieface on September 26, 2018, 08: PM
Quote from: Inspector Knacker on September 26, 2018, 07: AM
Quote from: Johnny Bongo on September 24, 2018, 09: PM

12/10/2017   Regen & Neighbourhood Services   The Rifty Youth Project   Coach Trip Kynren Contribution    £100.00    

Why multiple applications on the same day for the same purpose instead of one larger grant?

Looks suspiciously like HBC paid for 13 kynren tickets and a private minibus as they couldn't all fit into the HBC1 limo?? Was there a drinks bill granted too
could that be for the 13 kids that go oops sorry around about  50 according to sab bit like when cranney was running jutland road   on paper it was 20 odd    kids using the youth club  when  really there were only 7   how do i know because i was there they bump the  numbers up for funding  hungry kids, summer clubs, youthys , ect ect

jeffh

Quote from: SRMoore on September 26, 2018, 09: AM
Apologies Topcat I only saw the earlier dates when I read last night.

If you read the minutes of that meeting though no decision was taken to give money to the Rifty. I don't recall any meeting in which we have approved it.

It may be an 'executive decision'

So as a Councillor & Committee member, will you be able to query why these payments were authorised outside of the scrutiny of the mettings and are there any more in the current financial year that we don't yet know about?

SRMoore

jeffh

UnknownUser

Quote from: jawsbbc on September 26, 2018, 09: PM
could that be for the 13 kids that go oops sorry around about  50 according to sab bit like when cranney was running jutland road   on paper it was 20 odd    kids using the youth club  when  really there were only 7   how do i know because i was there they bump the  numbers up for funding  hungry kids, summer clubs, youthys , ect ect

The Rifty has received funding for every programme of the holiday hunger scheme.
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you, you know your nation is doomed.

Ayn Rand

fred c

Is there a detailed breakdown of the costs of every meal prepared and the exact number of meals served over the Hungry Kids Scheme....Should any surplus morally be returned to the councils finances and not into the Rifty's or any other providers coffers...

I really do wonder if there are any checks and balances on organisations once they have received council funding or is it just a matter X amount of pounds and that's it.?........It certainly was in the case of MRA and we all know what happened in Kilmarnock Road.

mk1

Quote from: jeffh on September 27, 2018, 05: PM
Quote from: SRMoore on September 27, 2018, 05: PM
I can, yes.
That's brilliant - many thanks Sean

The 'artlepool 'aitch is left out and name then made into an anagram.   Very clever!

jawsbbc

Quote from: UnknownUser on September 27, 2018, 07: PM

The Rifty has received funding for every programme of the holiday hunger scheme.
AS DID JUTLAND ROAD YOUTHY  (OFCA) they were putting in for the grants/schemes  even though there were only around 7 kids going they bumped up the numbers because apparently you have to have so many kids going  to claim it i would like to see a list of names of the kids that were supposedly  going  they know every trick in the book believe me

jawsbbc

Quote from: UnknownUser on September 27, 2018, 07: PM

can you find anything for jutland road hub/ofca