the rifty is it a charity or is it not ?

Started by jawsbbc, August 13, 2018, 02: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: jawsbbc on August 26, 2018, 10: AM
Quote from: jeffh on August 20, 2018, 06: PM
Quote from: Inspector Knacker on August 20, 2018, 05: PM
Does the Rifty Cafe employ staff or is it run by volunteers?
Probably employ a manager
IT IS RAN BY VOLUNTEERS BUT SAB IS MANAGER
I'd imagine a 'manager' would be paid ?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Owen Jones

How many other ward budgets are being used to top up  the Rifty project / charity?

fred c

Owen Jones

Not a bad wage for someone who is supposed to be only a  volunteer    l might see if they need any more volunteers

Hubris

I'm sure Fred C's figure of 16K for overseeing the rifty scam is spot-on, and it set me wondering about all the other 100% tax payer funded streams of loot that are flowing into The Palace of Westbrook and feathering the nest for a couple who in a normal universe would appear to be virtually unemployable beyond things such as Grade 1 Benefits Clerk, or Short Order Cook.
Oozing it's way into the household coffers is:-
- Health Watch Manager salary
- Basic councillor allowance (x2; +31%; +2%)
- Chair of committee allowances
- Other allowances from sitting on various authority bodies
- Benefits in kind eg exclusive use of HBC's 1st class rail tkts for jaunts to bright lights
- Generous expenses

Would anyone more in the know care to have a stab at sharing a complete list of income streams and a guesstimate at the total of OUR MONEY that ends up in their rather large ar** pockets?

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: fred c on August 26, 2018, 12: PM
He is £16k a year.....
In that business and that size of establishment, that wage would be for a full time 'manager' permanently on 'site' I'd imagine.
Dependent that is on the 'managers' experience of the cullinatry arts and experience in the running of a kitchen, which in this case is what exactly?
Qualifications?
I assume if you pay a manager a wage, the rent, the utilities, service costs, general upkeep of equipment and stock it must be quite a busy place?
Of course, having no labour costs is a massive plus to any business.

mk1

It is impossible to understand the mindset of the volunteer workers. The SCABs make sure they pay themselves an obscene wedge whilst conning vulnerable people into doing all the work for nowt. The SCABs then boast about 'working in the Voluntary Sector' when in fact they never volunteer for anything unless they get a hefty wage.
Think back to Manor Residents. For at least a year  before the fall this site exposed the exploitation of the staff and for their pains those very same staff were all over Facebook saying it was all lies and portraying Angie as a Saint. A text-book example of the Stockholm Syndrome in action.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: mk1 on August 26, 2018, 05: PM
It is impossible to understand the mindset of the volunteer workers. The SCABs make sure they pay themselves an obscene wedge whilst conning vulnerable people into doing all the work for nowt.
Stockholm Syndrome indeed. A cross between the Stepford wives and religion.
For the life of me,  I cannot understand why, it usually requires a charimatic leader. Puzzling.

fred c

kevplumb

Quote from: IKDependent that is on the 'managers' experience of the cullinatry arts and experience in the running of a kitchen, which in this case is what exactly?
none
Quote from: IK
Qualifications?
see above
I assume if you pay a manager a wage, the rent, the utilities, service costs, general upkeep of equipment and stock it must be quite a busy place?
rent will be popcorns as will the utilities
what happened to all the catering equipment from the caff in the crem?
Of course, having no labour costs is a massive plus to any business.
or a massive con to line the belchers pockets off the back of the gullible
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

Owen Jones

They have gotten away with it for so long because no one would ask these questions and they also thought everyone else was stupid and wouldn't see through their misdemeaners

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: Owen Jones on August 27, 2018, 08: AM
They have gotten away with it for so long because no one would ask these questions and they also thought everyone else was stupid and wouldn't see through their misdemeaners
You should put your money where your mouth is and stand yourself someone once advised me. Oops it was you. So why not try it .... unless of course you already have.

fred c

Quote from: Owen Jones on August 27, 2018, 08: AM

As a 'Newbie' you could be forgiven for your statement, however this forum has been asking pertinent questions of our council and councillors for around 15 years, to attempt to belittle the users of The Post is pointless, we have been abused on an industrial scale.

Despite it being almost impossible to gather information from HBC and even more so from councillors, The Post has had some success in exposing what goes on and has gone on for years.

Obtuse and false answers, blatant lies and mis-information, pink papering and a refusal to answer FOI requests have been a stock in trade for our council, a Peer Review Group advised HBC to become more Open, Transparent and Accountable, unfortunately that didn't happen.

In recent time years the ruling LabTor Mob have changed the towns Constitution on numerous occasions to suit there own ends, they stopped verbal public questions, restricted the time councillors had to ask and debate questions, they have in effect subverted the democratic process.

You should spend a couple of hours of your time a take a browse through the history of posts on the forum....you may learn something.

DRiddle

The late Steve Latimer and many others asked question after question after question relating to concerns within HBC. Without him the MRA scandal would in all likelihood never have been exposed. Don't believe the spin that came from HBC that the police involvement was of HBCs own doing. That may be technically true but it wouldn't have occurred without the light being shone on it by Steve and others.

I've asked questions in full council about MRA, about WCNE, about whether HBC is confident they'll never be another MRA and what safe guards they've since but in place to prevent one.

Others have asked to see the 'books' relating to Mayrol fundraising and where specifically the 10s, 100s of thousands of pounds went.

What you get in terms of an answer is largely so vague as to be useless or no answer at all.

I know for a stone wall FACT that the current CEO was made aware that some organisations can very easily committ fraud using a very crude but effective method of having a 'legitimate' organisation in reciept of public funds, and a shell/front organisation which carries the same initials as the 'legitimate' organisations.

This a cheque could be made out to the initials of company (a ) and yet paid into the bank of company (b  ).

Obviously no specific allegations were made of any organisations locally who may have set up such a potential porous financial situation.

The CEO was merely made aware that the tactic outlined above is a very common, very crude way to launder money and committ fraud.

So in response to your point, very overt trails of bread crumbs have been left but there is seemingly no will within HBC to follow then.

At least not until such a time that the damage has already been well and truly done, as was the case with MRA.

DRiddle

What annoys people like those who use this site the most is that the attitude from within HBC was always "If you've got some evidence of wrong doing go to the police". I've been told words to that effect by 2 CEOS and an ex-elected mayor.

My view is it's not the responsibility of plumbers, teachers, computer technicians and members of the public to PROVE public money IS being inappropriately used. It's the job of HBC to ENSURE it ISN'T.

And such a task is one they've been shown to fail dismally at over the years.