the rifty is it a charity or is it not ?

Started by jawsbbc, August 13, 2018, 02: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: jeffh on November 05, 2018, 07: PM
If I had nothing to hide I'd be on Hartlepool TV like a shot to give my side of the events

Seems that some of the Labour group aren't talking to HTV  -  full stop.

https://www.facebook.com/steve.gooderham.3/posts/258757198014543?__tn__=C-R

fred c

If I had nothing to hide I'd be on Hartlepool TV like a shot to give my side of the events

Exactly jeffh, I really find it difficult to understand the mentality of the labmob group, they flatly ignore reasonable requests to keep Hartlepool residents informed of decisions that affect the them by refusing to engage with HTV.

Instead, they rely on the half arsed attempts by the councils own spin department to promote themselves rather than the issues faced by the town, all they are achieving is to increase the scepticism felt by the public.

Openness, Transparency, Accountability.......Not in Hartlepool under the LabMob

seaton

Quote from: fred c on November 06, 2018, 08: AM

Exactly jeffh, I really find it difficult to understand the mentality of the labmob group, they flatly ignore reasonable requests to keep Hartlepool residents informed of decisions that affect the them by refusing to engage with HTV.

Instead, they rely on the half arsed attempts by the councils own spin department to promote themselves rather than the issues faced by the town, all they are achieving is to increase the scepticism felt by the public.

Openness, Transparency, Accountability.......Not in Hartlepool under the LabMob

Easy to answer that Fred they will be under orders not to do interviews with HTV., they might give answers that doesn't suit the mob.

DRiddle

I'm told there was a flood at the Rifty a little while ago. Such was the damage that areas of the building required new carpets. This was of course a golden opportunity to use the ones allegedly ripped up and stored from the CIL after someone didn't like the colour. However, word leaking out of HBC is that new carpets were ordered. So presumably the ones the council allege were saved and stored from the CIL are still in storage waiting for an even better opportunity to be utilised than in a council owned building with damaged carpets. . .

jawsbbc

has the money from the defunct company gone to prop the rifty up ??? notice the initials OFCA

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/07793699/officers               OPPORTUNITIES FROM COMMUNITY ACTION COMMUNITY INTEREST COMPANY

Company number 07793699

Follow this company
Company Overview for OPPORTUNITIES FROM COMMUNITY ACTION COMMUNITY INTEREST COMPANY (07793699)
Filing history for OPPORTUNITIES FROM COMMUNITY ACTION COMMUNITY INTEREST COMPANY (07793699)
People for OPPORTUNITIES FROM COMMUNITY ACTION COMMUNITY INTEREST COMPANY (07793699)
Officers Persons with significant control
Filter officers
Filter officersCurrent officers
8 officers / 5 resignations
ASHMAN, Mark Robert (nephew)
Correspondence address
Search, 244-246 Catcote Road, Hartlepool, Cleveland, TS25 3JN
Role
Director
Date of birth
April 1982
Appointed on
30 September 2011
Nationality
British
Country of residence
England
Occupation
Youth Worker
CRANNEY, Kevin Henry
Correspondence address
Role
Director
Date of birth
March 1956
Appointed on
25 June 2012
Nationality
British
Country of residence
United Kingdom
Occupation
Manager
GIDNEY, Stephen James(ofca trustee)
Correspondence address
Role
Director
Date of birth
November 1952
Appointed on
25 June 2012
Nationality
British
Country of residence
United Kingdom
Occupation
Hypnotherapist
DUFFY, Niki
Correspondence address
Role RESIGNED
Secretary
Appointed on
30 September 2011
Resigned on
31 March 2013
JACKSON, Leslea(cranneys mrs)
Correspondence address
Role RESIGNED
Director
Date of birth
November 1972
Appointed on
30 September 2011
Resigned on
2 July 2012
Nationality
British
Country of residence
England
Occupation
Charity Finance Manager
SANT, Tom
Correspondence address
Role RESIGNED
Director
Date of birth
July 1933
Appointed on
25 June 2012
Resigned on
8 May 2015
Nationality
British
Country of residence
United Kingdom
Occupation
Retired Tailor
WILDBERG, Andrew( nieces husband)
Correspondence address
Role RESIGNED
Director
Date of birth
May 1965
Appointed on
30 September 2011
Resigned on
2 July 2012
Nationality
British
Country of residence
England
Occupation
Labourer
WILDBERG, Jacquelyn(niece)
Correspondence address
Search, 244-246 Catcote Road, Hartlepool, Cleveland, England, TS25 3JN
Role RESIGNED
Director
Date of birth
April 1969
Appointed on
30 September 2011
Resigned on
2 July 2012
Nationality
British
Country of residence
England
Occupation
Housewife

jawsbbc

Quote from: UnknownUser on October 22, 2018, 12: PM
An 'unincorporated association' is an organisation set up through an agreement between a group of people who come together for a reason other than to make a profit (for example, a voluntary group or a sports club).

You don't need to register an unincorporated association, and it doesn't cost anything to set one up.

Individual members are personally responsible for any debts and contractual obligations.

If you make a profit
If the association does start trading and makes a profit, you'll need to pay Corporation Tax and file a Company Tax Return in the same way as a limited company.  room hire, bingo, were is all the money going to? is the rifty a charity or not

jawsbbc

Quote from: angryjim on August 13, 2018, 05: PM
I put a FOI request into HSBC to find out how much HSBC is funding the Rifty Youth Project after I found out that the accounts of several other charities were obscenely late being submitted to the Charities Commission, I haven't heard anything back since. Me thinks some bottoms will be whimpering if it comes out to light that the "charity" may have gone over its 5k lack of reporting threshold many times over!
are we any further on this subject ??

fred c

Linda Harvey, Rifty Youth Project Manager, may be the person to ask about the actual financial status of the Rifty Youth.......Is it a charity, does it receive funding from the council, as a council community centre are the accounts available to the public.

This info is from a link on the posts fb page... Barclay is visiting the place there is a photo.

If you click on the link it takes you to the council website and gives the blurb about the Rifty......The name of the manager in the first paragraph is the first time I have seen such information.

jawsbbc

Quote from: fred c on March 16, 2019, 07: PM
Linda Harvey, Rifty Youth Project Manager, may be the person to ask about the actual financial status of the Rifty Youth.......Is it a charity, does it receive funding from the council, as a council community centre are the accounts available to the public.

This info is from a link on the posts fb page... Barclay is visiting the place there is a photo.

If you click on the link it takes you to the council website and gives the blurb about the Rifty......The name of the manager in the first paragraph is the first time I have seen such information.
https://bit.ly/2TDo5kR

so is it a charity or not

Grumblstiltskin

Nice too see Mrs Harvey has got her granddaughter in the photo with some of Hartlepool's political powerhouses, she also gets to work with her if I'm reading the photo description correctly

kevplumb

[quote ]
in the photo with some of Hartlepool's political powerhouses, she also gets to work with her if I'm reading the photo description correctly
[/quote] powerhouses ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D the lot couldn't blow a 3 amp fuse  ;)
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

Inspector Knacker

Is the Rifty a shrine where all the Labour minions have to make pilgrimage to and pay their dues and receive a blessing from the Bishop?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Just waiting for the white smoke to come out of the chimney ...

Grumblstiltskin

Quote from: kevplumb on March 19, 2019, 07: PM
powerhouses ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D the lot couldn't blow a 3 amp fuse  ;)

Ahhh, forgive my typo, I thought someone would have spotted it earlier, I meant to put sh..houses  :)

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: kevplumb on March 19, 2019, 07: PM
[quote ]
in the photo with some of Hartlepool's political powerhouses, she also gets to work with her if I'm reading the photo description correctly
powerhouses ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D the lot couldn't blow a 3 amp fuse  ;)
[/quote]If they did blow the fuse, they'd be in the Mail with a photo of them looking serious and pointing to the offending fuse and launching an appeal to replace it.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.