Church St opens.

Started by Inspector Knacker, July 16, 2018, 05: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Knacker

Drove down our very own Champs-Elysees (Champs Elsie's as  some councillors might put it) last night.
It looked bleak even on a warm summers evening. The tiny saplings out of place and unprotected will have a short life, but their twig like stature only emphasises the blandness of it. Even Ward Jackson's statue as had it's flowerbeds paved over, a readymade plaform for the more adventurous drinkers to climb up onto.
They have succeeded in building a sanitised wind tunnel, oblivious to the fact you build upon a thriving street. The usual collection of takeaways and bars mean it's the same old same old, just with new wider pavements.
The irony is that while driving down,  the new Tarmac surface has had it's first patch down near the bottom of Chuch Street.
Never was so much spent, by so few, on so little.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

fred c

The SCABAL's mantra has always been, we have Money Lets Spend It......the fact that they have torn up the previous example of visionary failure to build the new vision is immaterial  ::)

Would they show the same spendthrift habits if it were their own money.......?

isolde

I am told by a business on church st that the navy have put alot of money into it?

Heknocks68

Quote from: isolde on July 16, 2018, 10: AM
I am told by a business on church st that the navy have put alot of money into it?

In preparation for land cruisers, to ferry the tourists about town maybe. Like the ducks at Albert docks, next to the Mersey.

kevplumb

Quote from: Heknocks68 on July 17, 2018, 09: PM
Quote from: isolde on July 16, 2018, 10: AM

In preparation for land cruisers, to ferry the tourists about town maybe. Like the ducks at Albert docks, next to the Mersey.

the state of the roads they will need land cruisers
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

Gustaf I of England + BWH

I trust that someone from the Council will insist that Seymour's go back down Church Street and level all the paving before it is signed off on and before all the accident claims from the 'trippers' start coming in. It might be an idea to have the surfaces sealed as well, given our current difficulties with remove weeds in the town.

On a related note, can anyone remember how much the piece of artwork at the western entrance to Church Square cost ? I only ask because I noticed the other day that it has been removed (destroyed or in storage ?) to make way for the current vision.

fred c

Someone from the council needs to go and look at the blockwork on Stockton high street, they have mortar between them...ergo No Weeds

WhatTheHeck

Been down Church St a few times since it opened, they have installed a massive speed bump at Station Approach/Whitby St, also placed a pedestrian crossing which is partially obscured by a brick wall as you enter Church St from Church Sq.

They have also installed an entry/exit from the car park at the side of the old Municipal Building that exits onto a 3 lane stretch of the road, planning and safety at its best !

No relation to Whattheheck from the mail !