who is telling who fibs?

Started by kevplumb, July 15, 2018, 08: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevplumb

A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

isolde

quote..''The newspaper says officials did so as Labour HQ disapproved of some of Corbyn's left-wing messages.''

Read more at: https://inews.co.uk/news/labour-staff-deceived-corbyn-facebook/

this is exactly what his suporters  should be allowed to see.

mk1

Talking of fibs.........

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=258819814895271&id=135369980573589

I mean if you are going to lie at least make it believable.  'On my way home from the gym' my ar*se.

Johnny Bongo

Quote from: mk1 on July 16, 2018, 08: PM
Talking of fibs.........

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=258819814895271&id=135369980573589

I mean if you are going to lie at least make it believable.  'On my way home from the gym' my ar*se.

I assume that the 'evidence' as to who fly tipped was a letter with the address of the accused!   Here's an interesting thing.  On Sunday morning, I went up to my allotment at the South end of Kingsley Avenue. These allotments are known as Stranton Allotments.  After parking the car and walking through the pedestrian / bike entry point, I noticed that someone had dumped 'more' rubbish on the right side, the bottom of G lane.  A man got out of his car, saw the mess and vented his fury, as it was his allotment that the rubbish was next to.  Upon talking to him and commenting that there was other stuff dumped yesterday, he stated that he had found an envelope with the address of the possible fly tippers and that he had reported this to HBC.  'Excellent'  I thought....they will be prosecuted...and so they should be!  He gave me the address, which I then decided to drive past.  Guess what....there was a skip in the driveway!  Can you perhaps see how the event happened?  I reckon that some 'skip rat' (for want of a better name...you know what I mean!) had taken several bags from the skip and immediately rode (as they usually have bikes) past the allotments, whereby they emptied the bags to see if there was anything worth selling (usually for drugs!).  They would not have sorted through the bags at the skip, as it was on a drive...and the residents may take offence at this, so it was 'sorted' at the nearest convenient spot.  So, SAB, please note that just because you have found an addressed letter, does not necessarily mean that the addressee is a fly tipper!  This 'skip ratting' happens regularly, even opposite my house a few weeks ago and I have no problem with people finding a 'use' for anything that would be otherwise sent to landfill.  However, when people deliberately leave a mess, be it bags of skip rat rubbish, dog s%&t, commercial waste (ie, plasterboard), then they deserve to be prosecuted and (if found guilty) given the maximum possible sentence.         

Grumblstiltskin

When did they open a pie shop called "The Gym" then?