Sustainable Transport.

Started by Inspector Knacker, July 14, 2018, 08: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Knacker

What exactly is it?
Tees Valley have apparently given the council £1.6 million from the sustainable transport fund. What have they spent it on?
Then there's approximately quarter of a million from a Government Access fund to promote yet more 'sustainable transport'.
OK I give up what was it spent on ?
In a town where bus services virtually disappear after tea time, is apparently one place it isn't being spent!
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

fred c

A couple of cycle ways both sides of Brenda Road from power station to head wrightsons....and Greatham to Truro Drive...... not sure about anything else.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

There is a sustainable transport officer who tells everybody to get on their bike once a year.

On that note, good luck going around the transport interchange and on to the headland on a bike.
I don't believe it.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: Stig of the Seaton Dump on July 14, 2018, 02: PM
There is a sustainable transport officer who tells everybody to get on their bike once a year.
Wouldn't surprise me at all. There's probably a Director of paper clips, a Stapling Co-ordinator, Resident Yoghurt knitter and Story Teller.
Just another feather bedded job telling us all to walk, run or cycle everywhere. They inhabit another planet where the theme from the Magic Roundaboit plays 24/7.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: fred c on July 14, 2018, 11: AM
A couple of cycle ways both sides of Brenda Road from power station to head wrightsons....and Greatham to Truro Drive...... not sure about anything else.
I suspect the Truro Drive to the old steelworks pathway was pre Tees Valley funding. I'd love to see a breakdown of the funding for these projects and what percentage went on the hardware as opposed to admin/staff costs.

pieface

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on July 14, 2018, 08: AM
What exactly is it?
Tees Valley have apparently given the council £1.6 million from the sustainable transport fund. What have they spent it on?
Then there's approximately quarter of a million from a Government Access fund to promote yet more 'sustainable transport'.
OK I give up what was it spent on ?
In a town where bus services virtually disappear after tea time, is apparently one place it isn't being spent!

I think they spent it on a tin of white paint used to half the size of cycle paths widths so cars can park on them as everyone needs cars to travel around hartlepool with the poor transport services on offer. Other "new" cycle paths are in an unfinished state and end dangerously.

Bluenose

Have recently written to our esteemed MP to see what he is proposing to do about towns  poor transport links . Maybe a good question to ask  as follow up  " where has the money gone"