Benny Hill.

Started by Inspector Knacker, July 14, 2018, 07: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Knacker

Can someone define exactly what he does? To me, he pops up in the Mail on an almost daily basis stating the bleedin obvious. A bit like saying babies should not be thrown under buses, WE KNOW! We don't need you telling us. He then turns it into a 'cuts' lecture.
However, like an article in the Mail, he gives out a message but never follows through with the full picture, giving us a selective view. The article was about the privatisation of UK armed forces services, in this case the provision of fire services. I myself disapprove of this,  but where he falls down is this was happening under the Blair Labour government and some really eye popping schemes came out.
So is it lack of research or 'selective research'.
A lot like complaints after 2010 about privatised bus services, but did nothing in 13 years in power, gesture politics.
I can only assume Benny is their to perform the act of political billboard. Bang out a cute message and pacify the loyal electorate. Not so much Big Brother is watching you as Big Brother is boring you.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

kevplumb

couldn't have put it better  ;D
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment