Environmental Operatives

Started by jeffh, July 05, 2018, 03: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeffh

It would appear that when SAB spoke to the press heralding the fact that HBC was taking on 8 Environmental Operatives to improve and maintain the appearance of the town, he was being economical with the truth.

It would appear that these 8 operatives are on a 6 month fixed contract, so it would appear that they are simply a short term fix to a long term problem.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Once again, using a sticking plaster to fix an amputation.

pieface

Quote from: jeffh on July 05, 2018, 03: PM
It would appear that when SAB spoke to the press heralding the fact that HBC was taking on 8 Environmental Operatives to improve and maintain the appearance of the town, he was being economical with the truth.

It would appear that these 8 operatives are on a 6 month fixed contract, so it would appear that they are simply a short term fix to a long term problem.

Having found a Jerry can full of fuel behind a desk somewhere the road grass cutter tractor was filled up and managed to get as far as taming the jungle of the north only to reveal another great attraction - the dump of the north! The roadsides are covered in litter and waste. A drive along the A19 that is well kept is  even more appealing than the approach into Hartlepool.

Johnny Bongo

I seem to remember, not so long back, that the roadsweepers gang would also clean the weeds and tidy up the verges.  I've never seen them for ages...are they still employed by HBC?
On my daily travels around the town, I've noticed that nearly every road, street, etc, is literally covered in weeds, some nearly a foot high!  When are the clowns in charge of cleaning the town going to start at least spraying the weeds?  Hartlepool really does look like a ghost town!  God only knows what any visitors think!  Maybe if residents started to clean the weeds from their fronts and then deposited them in the Civic, something might be done! Just a thought! ;)

fred c

I have a Flower of Scotland (Thistle) 4' high growing up a lamp post outside of my house....and don't get me started on the state of the top end of the Burn Valley, it's a total disgrace.

Sneck Lifter

Maybe if residents started to clean the weeds from their fronts and then deposited them in the Civic, something might be done! Just a thought! ;)

What ?  They'll have you for Fly Tipping.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Heknocks68

Get off your high horse.
Back streets are the favoured choice for rubbish, weeds type of photo shoot opportunity. This were the town superhero's, capable of throwing anything from a pram to a freezer over a massive gate, with such force and accuracy that not only clears the back alley gate but then using the natural air flow manipulates it's way around the corner into the main through fare that is the back street, an awesome effort I'm sure you will agree. We are then expected and lead to believe that non of this comes from the dwellings adjoining the back passage were the muck gathers. Really should look to host the next olympics.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: Heknocks68 on July 05, 2018, 09: PM
Get off your high horse.
Back streets are the favoured choice for rubbish, weeds type of photo shoot opportunity. This were the town superhero's, capable of throwing anything from a pram to a freezer over a massive gate, with such force and accuracy that not only clears the back alley gate but then using the natural air flow manipulates it's way around the corner into the main through fare that is the back street, an awesome effort I'm sure you will agree. We are then expected and lead to believe that non of this comes from the dwellings adjoining the back passage were the muck gathers. Really should look to host the next olympics.

:)

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: jeffh on July 05, 2018, 03: PM
What a pity some Councillors aren't on a 6 month fixed term contract. In their case they're just a long term fix to a long term problem.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Truthache

A soon as the next high winds arrive the tumbleweed of dead grass lying ungathered on the grass verges will roll across town. 

Johnny Bongo

Quote from: Truthache on July 05, 2018, 11: PM
A soon as the next high winds arrive the tumbleweed of dead grass lying ungathered on the grass verges will roll across town.

....and HBC will STILL NOT DO ANYTHING about it!  Please take a look at ANY area of Hartlepool ...it's an absolute disgrace!  Most mornings, I see Carl Richardson (at various locations)  walking from his house to the Civic (obviously!)....yet he doesn't seem to see the masses of weeds in the gutters, on the footpaths, etc, and feel the need to say something to whoever presides over this 'dereliction of duty'...as it's probably Dumb and Dummer  pulling the strings!  As a bizarre aside, can anyone remember the programme that'sent' certain (unliked) things to Room 101?  Perhaps, we, the Hartlepool residents, could copy the concept...and send the (unliked) weeds to 101...as in 101 Westbrooke Avenue!   Sort it out, Cwissy...ASAP! 

Inspector Knacker

We appear to be lacking good management of the town, which is basically getting the everyday mundane stuff right. It's not high profile, it isn't exciting, but it's the basic building blocks every community needs.
The trouble is, we've been subjected for far too long to the effects of having political attention seeking egos jumping from shiney project to shiney project telling us how wonderful they are, not helped by an unquestioning media happy to sell the story of their genius.
Only this lot could sell the idea of laying a few paving stones as a world changing event, the sort of things other authorities just do quietly as part of the everyday job of running a town.
The ironic part of this behaviour, is despite the chest beating and bragfest every time they do something,  is realising these people's tenure has seen the biggest decline in established services and found to be totally useless when it actually comes  fighting for lost services.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

fred c

The LabMob wil be out in force in Seaton Carew today (not sure of the time) for the Great Unveiling........I'm fairly ambivalent about the sculpture, art is different things to different people.

However the attendance today of CAB, sab, Cranney and uncle Tom Cobbley and all is obviously a major event in their Civic Year, it the real world, grass verges and weed ridden pavements have been sprayed and we are left with a scruffy straw coloured mess, dog s***e and rubissh is apparent all over the town.

The LabMob will seize on the unveiling as a Major Event in the history of the town, and that sums up their shallow grip on the needs of the town and its residents.

jeffh

I believe the grand opening is is either 1300 or 1330 - will our CEREMONIAL Mayor being doing the honours or will such a grandiose scheme require the attention of our Dear Leader?  The reason I ask is he seemed to miss the opening of the Air Freshener.

I am told the problem with the artificial turf is that it was incorrectly laid (poor preparation) and the contractor took the money and ran - hence Deerness are now going to use a different contractor.

I guess the problem with the bins stems from the fact that the Council Officers are not talking to the employees - the first attempt saw bins that couldn't be lifted out, especially if they were full.  The remedy was to fit a door on the front of the "cage" and put a wheelie bin in, only to find that the wheelie bin was too small for the grab on the side of the bin truck.