rift house rec, will it be houses within five years.

Started by Lord Elpus, July 03, 2018, 09: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Elpus

No firm evidence for this just whispers, rumour has it Rift House Rec is being lined up to be sold for housing?

crisstw

fred c

I think it inevitable, the  town is supposed to be growing and yet recreational facilities are decreasing.....fill the green belt up with "Executive Housing" and the inner core of Hartlepool with "Affordable Housing".

Will NumbNut and Plod still reside on the Brooke estate when the Rec is covered in houses, or more likely, will they be off to a more salubrious location ?

Topcat

I could be that their good friends have gone ahead to Harrogate to prepare for their arrival.

Inspector Knacker

The town is in desperate need of more open green spaces. I'd like to clear certain areas and grass them over for everyone to enjoy. There seems to be a lunatic obsession with building houses at a frantic rate as the be all and end all. Are we to be designated as some  sleepy Teesside backwater?
It would make sense, as the town over the past twenty years has been asset stripped of everything that defines an independent town from hospitals to courts. Give them a chance and they'd transfer the lifeboat to Middlesbrough!

It was said recently that a new housing development would provide jobs, they were refering to the builders. Are these people so detached from reality as not to realise builders take their teams with them? The olde days of recruiting locally from ye resident artisans ended a long time ago, so it's not jobs for locals is it!
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

The Great Dictator

When i was on council the plans appeared for Bishop Cuthbert, they included 2 football pitches down by the Rugby club.

To obtain planning permission it had to be included but once the site was 50% developed they could re-apply to have it removed on the basis of over-provision.

If councils want to remove existing sports facilities they have to jump through hoops which would lead to a public enquiry if you want it.

fred c

I think it far more likely to be sold off for housing than improving it as a sports area, the tennis courts at Brierton are now unplayable because of grass and weeds, the Mill House is well past its sell by date.

The council should get a bus up and visit the Middlesbrough Sports Village, a dozen or more 3G football pitches, a 1.3 kilometer cycle track, a velodrome, a running track and a massive sports hall that caters for a variety of sports.

That was a vision and unlike the visions in Hartlepool, it reached fruition.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: fred c on July 03, 2018, 02: PM
I think it far more likely to be sold off for housing than improving it as a sports area, the tennis courts at Brierton are now unplayable because of grass and weeds, the Mill House is well past its sell by date.

The council should get a bus up and visit the Middlesbrough Sports Village, a dozen or more 3G football pitches, a 1.3 kilometer cycle track, a velodrome, a running track and a massive sports hall that caters for a variety of sports.

That was a vision and unlike the visions in Hartlepool, it reached fruition.
Basically they're clueless. Tactical opportunists, but strategically illiterate.
They have a hotch potch of schemes  and transient visions that are forgotten, revived, forgotten again and the dug up on a regular basis (usually pre-election) to charm the dimmer end of the electorate and the 'meeeeja'.
It's like giving a 17 year old the keys to Ferrari, and for a period of time they can swan about being the dogs b*****ks and being world famous in 'Artlepool'', but you know it ain't gonna end well.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.