Tall Ships tourist boom.....................

Started by mk1, June 19, 2018, 03: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mk1

They keep churning out the mantra of jam tomorrow but it never arrives.
See this old Mail story  from 2011 trying and keep the dream alive get punctured by the Manager at The Grand who sets them straight.
Anyway  I am sure the crowds are just waiting for the  current Church Street re-vamp to be completed before they swamp the town's hotels.

fred c

The visitors numbers were massively over inflated by the outfit that collated them, I suspect at the behest of the council......the accounts were another indication of the poorer turn
out than prophesied, the £29.6 million in benefits to the town were total b****x........Although I can well believe the £125k spent on "Corporate Hospitality"........

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: fred c on June 19, 2018, 06: PM
......Although I can well believe the £125k spent on "Corporate Hospitality"........
I can't believe only £125k was spent. Surely not.
Is it also true that Hartlepool used 95% of the U K's yellow paint (double yellow lines for the use of) and several mega tankers were hired to store the stuff, some of which are still roaming the earths oceans trying to flog it?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Shepherd

Who exactly were the "Experts" who predicted the mass return of tourists in 2011 and onwards. The downturn started well before that time, circa 2008, and was in full swing in 2010, with years of misery to go. This fact was the prevailing view of most commentators, so how did Hartlepool's "Experts" get it so wrong.

Maybe they were experts in something else, like running a welk stall, the one on the Manor that went bust owing money everywhere, before reopening as the "Riffy Welk Ub" with help from Council Grants and approbation of the leader for the "welk vision" moving forward to establish its "legacy". You can still smell the BS when you go near the Krem!

mk1

What can we expect from Councillors who are very poorly rewarded. I mean the poor souls only get £8000 a year.

https://www.facebook.com/hartlepoolmailnews/photos/a.157742897578902.33486.156269291059596/1960346247318549/?type=3&comment_id=1960951227258051&reply_comment_id=1960986537254520&comment_tracking=%7B%22tn%22%3A%22R8%22%7D

Nice to see Anth sucking up to the people who  he told us he was going to get rid of.   From a crusading reformer to lickspittle all in the cause of Party Unity.

The Great Dictator