Wells Resigns

Started by admin, May 24, 2018, 08: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

Apparently social media is reporting Ray Martin-Wells resignation. More to follow.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

Who is going to hold Labour to account now then ?
I don't believe it.

stokoe

His account must be full,as sails off in the sunset.

notenoughsaid

What has he resigned from ?   All  seems to have happened quickly whatever it is. To me it appears to be rabbit in the head lights. Has somebody in uniform or plain clothes knocked on his door???? No doubt time will tell but not before time.

Lord Elpus

I wonder if Cllr Loynes shoehorns her husband (Dennis) in as the replacement candidate for Rural West.

I suspect Mike Young might be counting his chickens before they've hatched.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

I hope PHF pull out a top candidate.
It would be amusing for Labour to put forward one of their new nembers Mr. Elpus :-)

With a bit of luck it could be a step down the path to the end.
Is that light at the end of the tunnel ?
I don't believe it.

Lord Elpus

Quote from: Stig of the Seaton Dump on May 25, 2018, 08: AM
I hope PHF pull out a top candidate.
It would be amusing for Labour to put forward one of their new nembers Mr. Elpus :-)

With a bit of luck it could be a step down the path to the end.
Is that light at the end of the tunnel ?

Since my application to join the Labour Party has been 'blackballed' at a local level all I can do is go through the full appeals procedure.  I doubt they will be wanting my services, yet.  Although Jeremy Corbyn has assured me personally he wants me in the tent pishing out.

seaton

I would have thought Dave Riddle ok he 'retired' or Fred C would be ideal candidates both reseprcted in the town.

Inspector Knacker

When he resigned, did he give his resignation to the Dear Leader?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

kevplumb

Quote from: wells in the mailCoun Martin-Wells went on to thank residents in his ward, fellow ward councillors Brenda Loynes and George Morris and several council officers he has worked alongside. He added: "Turning to my fellow councillors, whilst we may not always agree in this chamber, looking around the room tonight I think it's fair to say that everyone has the best interests of Hartlepool in their hearts, "None more so than my opposite number in the Labour Group Coun Christopher Akers-Belcher. "Thank you Christopher for supporting me in my role as chair of Audit & Governance through some of the most difficult and controversial issues including successfully holding the NHS to account in the High Court in London. "It would have been easy for you to play party politics but you've always been a true professional and I thank you for that
Now to me that's tantamount to a confession
slimy git makes me want to vomit  >:(
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

Inspector Knacker

Explains a lot. After reading that glowing eulogy, can he now explain how his trio held anything to account, least of all the Labour group? What leverage could they possibly have? Grossly outnumbered and as threatening as a butterfly assault, what exact power did the much trumpeted 'Tory' group have to hold Labour to account?

fred c

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on May 26, 2018, 10: AM
Explains a lot. After reading that glowing eulogy, can he now explain how his trio held anything to account, least of all the Labour group? What leverage could they possibly have? Grossly outnumbered and as threatening as a butterfly assault, what exact power did the much trumpeted 'Tory' group have to hold Labour to account?

The Square Root of FA......we now have 2 Tory councillors and 1 of them is Chair of 2 of the councils main committees

jeffh

Quote from: fred c on May 26, 2018, 11: AM
Quote from: Inspector Knacker on May 26, 2018, 10: AM

The Square Root of FA......we now have 2 Tory councillors and 1 of them is Chair of 2 of the councils main committees

As far as I aware in true Lab/Tor fashion "Put up or shut up" Loynes didn't take up the Child Services chair when she took the Audit & Governance chair - remember they can only claim one SRA irrespective of the number of chairs held.  Morris will probably take the chair of the Licensing Committee.

What is disgraceful about all of this, is the chairs of what are cross party committees are decided by CAB, by exercising his Labour Party constitutional right and using the 3 line whip to tell his Acolytes who to vote for.  It's a pity he doesn't respect the HBC Constitution and ensure that the committee make up is in ratio to the number of seats held.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: jeffh on May 26, 2018, 01: PM

What is disgraceful about all of this, is the chairs of what are cross party committees are decided by CAB, by exercising his Labour Party constitutional right and using the 3 line whip to tell his Acolytes who to vote for.  It's a pity he doesn't respect the HBC Constitution and ensure that the committee make up is in ratio to the number of seats held.
Democracy at work or tin pot dictatorship?

Gustaf I of England + BWH

Did the slimy toad give a reason for his resignation when he made his speech to council ?
I realise I could watch the video, but life's too short and on the rare occasions when I do watch videos of council meetings I usually do it with the sound off - it makes more sense that way.