new attraction - the jungle of the north

Started by pieface, May 15, 2018, 08: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pieface

I know the few staff left do their best but anyone noticed the state of green areas in the northern part of Hartlepool?
Judging by the state are they attempting to make a new visitor (dis)attraction called the jungle of the north complete with crop circles as artist pieces and roads as part of a maze to drive  around in? More reasons to put up drive through vending shacks?

fred c

It's the same in the Rift House area, weeds 18" high, grass growing in the pavements, grassed areas seem to be getting cut less often....It does make the town look scruffy and unkempt, but that's the price of Vanity Projects for you.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

I was particularly saddened by the area around the always forgotten Seaton Carew war memorial. Covered in weeds. Phone box has been damaged for ages too.

The  landscaping opposite the Cliff is a mess, what a waste of money.
Little hope for the newest landscaping around the paddling pool replacement.
I don't believe it.

Inspector Knacker

I see either side of Coronation Drive has been prepared for the traditional wild flowers. Typical example of something seized by the 'politicians', trumpeted and done to death.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Gustaf I of England + BWH

We could call it "Hrtlpool Forest and Orchard" (anyone remember the Brierton Orchard or wherever it was supposed to be?).

Coincidentally, there were a couple of chaps out yesterday in the Fens area apparently spraying the pavements and gutters with weed and grass killer. I say 'apparently' because there is no evidence of any liquid having been used; they may have just been going through the motions. Time will tell.

Also noticed this morning that the family wood at the top end of the Burn Valley appears to have a thriving rabbit population so something must have been done right. Although, looking at the undergrowth, I wouldn't recommend walking through the wood anywhere other than the main pathway.

fred c

The 'we know best for you mob' are totally oblivious to what the residents of Hartlepool require, clean streets, parks looked after, weeded paving, well cut grassed areas, bins emptied, rubbish bins emptied, dog crap cleaned up and culprits fines, the same with fly tippers....it's not to much to ask for the money we pay.

Unfortunately the LabTor Mob high command prefer to dabble in tin pot Vanity Projects and Masterplans, spending millions on pisspotical business schemes that end up losing money hand over fist, abandoning a town plan for whatever purpose only known to themselves, buying buildings that no developers would touch with a barge pole etc etc etc.

mk1

Quote from: fred c on May 16, 2018, 07: PM
abandoning a town plan for whatever purpose only known to themselves,
The reason is obvious. When the Town Plan was scrapped it became a Developers free-for-all. Then(for example) if one man could get himself total control of approving Planning Applications submitted to  the Council he could become very rich indeed.
If (by some chance) the same man could get himself in a position where he was put in charge of a body that investigated all complaints about any Council malfeasance he would be very useful to that crooked Council Leader.
It might even be in the interests of such persons ( at different ends of the Political spectrum) to form an unofficial alliance where  one agrees to never hold the other to account in return for the other being allowed total control of planning.
It would be a double disaster for the town  if that hypothetical scenario ever became reality.

fred c

Quote from: mk1 on May 16, 2018, 07: PM
Quote from: fred c on May 16, 2018, 07: PM
abandoning a town plan for whatever purpose only known to themselves,
The reason is obvious. When the Town Plan was scrapped it became a Developers free-for-all. Then(for example) if one man could get himself total control of approving Planning Applications submitted to  the Council he could become very rich indeed.
If (by some chance) the same man could get himself in a position where he was put in charge of a body that investigated all complaints about any Council malfeasance he would be very useful to that crooked Council Leader.
It might even be in the interests of such persons ( at different ends of the Political spectrum) to form an unofficial alliance where  one agrees to never hold the other to account in return for the other being allowed total control of planning.
It would be a double disaster for the town  if that hypothetical scenario ever became reality.

I suppose that if hypothetical discussions took place about planning applications between a councillor a council officer and a developer and those hypothetical discussions lead to a town plan being abandoned, it could, hypothetically lead to an expensive new town plan having to be drawn up at the expense of the council tax payers.

rabbit

Maybe the grass cutters cannot get out of their depot because of the work going on in Church Street   8)

pieface

Quote from: rabbit on May 16, 2018, 08: PM
Maybe the grass cutters cannot get out of their depot because of the work going on in Church Street   8)

Abandoned depot near church street a while ago so it could be turned into another eyesore or mythical film studio..
Relocated to depot miles outside of town so productivity dived as more time now taken to drive to and from it for lunch breaks etc and finishing on time at 4pm exactly. From being in a central location it now means about ONE day lost each week in grass cutting time due to increased road travel times.

the_exile

It's just aswell no unscrupulous businessmen have any photographs of any councillors engaged in recreational drug use...........imagine hypothetical conversations taking place with all parties aware of alleged photos!

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: pieface on May 16, 2018, 08: PM
Quote from: rabbit on May 16, 2018, 08: PM

Abandoned depot near church street a while ago so it could be turned into another eyesore or mythical film studio..
Relocated to depot miles outside of town so productivity dived as more time now taken to drive to and from it for lunch breaks etc and finishing on time at 4pm exactly. From being in a central location it now means about ONE day lost each week in grass cutting time due to increased road travel times.
We drove past the Golden Flatts roundabout earlier this morning and the yellow school buses were turning down Brenda Road towards the direction of the power station and we wondered where they were going till the penny dropped. How do you get there without transport?

Gustaf I of England + BWH

Stirling Moss and his crew (or at least part of it - I only saw two machines) were out mowing this morning in the area around Braemar Road, south side of Rossmere Park.

Inspector Knacker

Looking at the grass cutting, in some areas it looks like a machine guns been used.
Has the staff in the Parks dept been been slashed ?