A Bandwagon Hill has refused...........

Started by mk1, May 10, 2018, 12: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mk1

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tees-44066677

Five Labour MPs have broken ranks with their party to call for a new Brexit vote.

Writing in the Independent, the MPs say "growth and employment" in the North East could be affected by a bad deal.

They said the area voted to leave the European Union to remind "a cosy London establishment that our region has been receiving a raw deal".

But said it should have a final say on the deal to make sure it is "the right one for the North East".

Inspector Knacker

Because Mick is a loyal party servant. Mick is a survivor and protruding nails have to be hammered down. I dare say their actions have been oted
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

mk1

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on May 10, 2018, 02: PM
Because Mick is a loyal party servant. Mick is a survivor and protruding nails have to be hammered down. I dare say their actions have been oted

The problem for Labour is their base is overwhelmingly pro-EU whilst Jeremy is a very determined leaver. In order to square this circle (in plain English hoodwink their base) Labour have adopted a policy of one week being pro-Eu and the next anti-EU whilst week 3 is spent arguing both together.. They put Party advantage before the needs of the country and so will do anything to cause trouble for the Tories. Thus the simple option of allowing a free vote on any agreement will never be adopted. In all circumstances Party advantage is the aim and bu*gger what is best for the Nation.

fred c

Would he even consider joining them when the town was so predominately pro brexit in the referendum, it wouldn't do labour a lot of good when it comes to a GE if he did turn turtle, besides that, he does exactly as he is told to do.

Inspector Knacker

Corbyn has always been anti EU, he strikes me as a man of fixed conviction like those around him. He'll say what needs to be said to reassure the electorate but suspect that if he ever gained power we'd see a different side to him.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.