Longscar Hall

Started by jeffh, May 08, 2018, 09: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mk1

Quote from: WhatTheHeck on May 10, 2018, 06: PM

Looks more like making the building safe where the walls have buckled and cracked, according to the  FB, the main part of the building was untouched by the fire.

Apparently there are no professional Arsonists registered unemployed at the moment (seems to be an upsurge in local demand) so they had to make do with someone who had completed a 6 week Government crash-course. I hope he got his cash up front!

https://youtu.be/en1uwIzI3SE?t=1s

Johnny Bongo

It certainly seems a strange 'coincidence' ::) that the Wesley and Longscar, went up in flames....when they are apparently 'properties of interest' shall we say!  If there are any more of these 'properties' that end up the same way, then the question will be 'What's / who's the connection?'....and more to the point, will the police bother to investigate? 

fred c

They have given up on the Wesley

The Great Dictator

Odeon tomorrow ?

Johnny Bongo

I drove past the charred ruins on Saturday.  I wonder how long it will be before it is demolished and the site cleared?  I would assume that the owners are responsible for this, so, going on the fact that they did nothing to improve the building before the fire, I can't see them rushing to do anything after it!   Will HBC be pushing for it to be cleared asap?  As there are no Labour Councillors in Seaton, there'll be no hurry to tidy it up imo.  HCLP probably see it / relish it as punishing the locals for NOT voting Labour!   

Inspector Knacker

Ah, but the charred wreckage is snuggling up to a 'vision' and the contrast between the pristine play area and the brick bonfire is stark.
In fact will the play area be allowed to open given it's close proximity to an apparently unsound structure.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

jeffh

Won't surprise me if this incident and the present state of the building, might play into the vendor's hands and cause HBC to up their offer from £185,000 to a price more in line with what they wanted 2 years ago.  It's a pity really because at the enquiry 2 years ago the Wilkies had such grand plans which, I'm sure, they were just about to implement.

What's the bet then - £1,000,000 kept under wraps until it's too late!!!

Stig of the Seaton Dump

Quote from: jeffh on May 15, 2018, 09: AM
Won't surprise me if this incident and the present state of the building, might play into the vendor's hands and cause HBC to up their offer from £185,000 to a price more in line with what they wanted 2 years ago.  It's a pity really because at the enquiry 2 years ago the Wilkies had such grand plans which, I'm sure, they were just about to implement.

What's the bet then - £1,000,000 kept under wraps until it's too late!!!

If only Seaton had voted for Ann Marshall, it would have been sorted by now and we would have an open air swimming pool with the Red Arrows flying past on the quarter hour.

There is more chance of a million quid going to the Jutland Road 'ub than a tenner finding it's way to a compulsory purchase order.
I don't believe it.

fred c

Any figure paid by HBC for the Longscar will be wrapped in Reams of Pink Paper, never to be made public...

jawsbbc

Quote from: fred c on May 15, 2018, 11: AM
Any figure paid by HBC for the Longscar will be wrapped in Reams of Pink Paper, never to be made public...
anyone know how the meeting went between hbc and the owners that was supposed to take place

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: jawsbbc on May 16, 2018, 11: AM
Quote from: fred c on May 15, 2018, 11: AM
anyone know how the meeting went between hbc and the owners that was supposed to take place

Didn't the announcement say 'later this week'? If so, it may not have happened yet.