Defending the indefensible?

Started by Lucy Lass-Tick, May 05, 2018, 01: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Knacker

I was appalled at the 'response' from the Council spokesman. It was a non answer, it was an oily, evasive reply that avoided the point. £70 charge when other authority charges now and Durham were only charging £9, some discrepancy there, how fair is that.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

fred c

None of the LabTor Mob councillors ever announce bad news.....  They allow 'An Officer' to be the bearer of bad news.... They only take the photo op when it's to tell us how central government cuts are having an adverse affect on the town....... Or, to Boast about Vanity Projects that are funded by Central Government...... What a bunch of Merchant Bankers we have governing the town.  :-\

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: fred c on May 05, 2018, 04: PM
None of the LabTor Mob councillors ever announce bad news.....  They allow 'An Officer' to be the bearer of bad news.... They only take the photo op when it's to tell us how central government cuts are having an adverse affect on the town....... Or, to Boast about Vanity Projects that are funded by Central Government...... What a bunch of Merchant Bankers we have governing the town.  :-\
Just love how when they get funding from central government they claim they secured funding, as though it's down to them. As children did they ask their dad for pocket money and announce to their mates that "I secured funding to finance expenditure on confectionery".

Inspector Knacker

So now the charges are to be waived.
The dear leader says; I am grateful to Mike for raising this important matter and I am happy to confirm that as soon as this issue was brought to my attention I took immediate action to rectify this situation. I have asked the Chief Executive and the director of regeneration and neighbourhoods to act swiftly to to correct this historic practice.In my opinion the charge is morally wrong and should not be levied".
So, Mike tells Chris, Chris thanks Mike, but shouldn't he be thanking the Mail?
Could he also explain why we were the only council left making the charge in the North East. The buck stops with the boss.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on May 12, 2018, 10: AM
So now the charges are to be waived.
The dear leader says; I am grateful to Mike for raising this important matter and I am happy to confirm that as soon as this issue was brought to my attention I took immediate action to rectify this situation. I have asked the Chief Executive and the director of regeneration and neighbourhoods to act swiftly to to correct this historic practice.In my opinion the charge is morally wrong and should not be levied".
So, Mike tells Chris, Chris thanks Mike, but shouldn't he be thanking the Mail?
Could he also explain why we were the only council left making the charge in the North East. The buck stops with the boss.

Faux-ignorance or incompetence.
Chief Exec didn't know about charges???
I don't believe it.